Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Send Emails With Attachs Throug Outlook 2003

Options

I am trying out BD Total Security 2011 since yesterday.

But I cannot send any emails containing any attachments???

I use MS Outlook 2003.

Help please!

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi Hrx,

Welcome on the forum!

You'd better give info on your system, it could help now or later.

Several reasons maybe.

1) In your account's properties, did you check the box for SPA (secure

password authentication)? Uncheck it and try again.

2) Are your files too big?

3) You could uncheck analyze outgoing messages in BD Antivirus Resident Personnalized . The process will go faster and Outlook too, maybe.

Regards,

L.

• What OS are you using?

Did you restart your machine?

• Hrx
    Options

I use Win XP.

For now, I resolved that issue by unchecking "scan outgoing emails" in BDTS 2001-Antivirus-Custom level.

Did I do right? Now BD scans only incoming emails.

• Hi,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hrx
    Options
    Hi,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

Danny I've sent you a PM with error report. Have you received it?

Because it's not shown in sent items in my "my controls" area.

• Because it's not shown in sent items in my "my controls" area.

By default, the forum software does not save sent PM's. If you want to save a copy (sometimes I do) there is a checkbox right above the Send Message button that says,"Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder." Check that box before sending the PM and a copy will be saved in your sent folder.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi Hrx,

You would increase the Server Timeout feature in Outlook 2003 and test to see if the issue is now resolved:

To Increase the Server Timeout you will need to follow the steps below:

1)Open Outlook 2003

2)Click on the Tools menu

3)In the Tools menu click on the menu that says "E-mail Accounts"

4)Select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click on the "Next" button

5)Click once on the account you want to change and click on the "Change..." button

6)Click on the button that says "More Settings"

7)Click on the tab that says "Advanced"

8)You will see a section that says "Server Timeouts"in this section move the slider bar all the way to Long

9)Click on OK

10)Click on Next and then click on Finish

11)Restart Outlook

12) Check the option to Scan outgoing emails in BitDefender Antivirus Custom Level

13) Test to see if the issue is now resolved

IMPORTANT: I have checked the logs you sent me and found the following software installed:

- Spybot - Search & Destroy

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

- using the two above software may interfere with BitDefender. First try to see if the issue is resolved if you increase the server timeout in Outlook Express. If the issue persist uninstall both programs from Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel then restart the PC. Continue with a repair of BitDefender and test again if the issue still occur.

Please let me know if the issue still occur or it has been resolved.

• Hrx
    Options

Seems like the problem is gone since I bought and installed a Croatian version of BD Internet Security 2011... :rolleyes:

• Hi,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. I believe the language version has nothing to do with the issue being resolved however a correct reinstall resolved it.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.