Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wrong Password For New Account Not Yet Created?

Options

Ok , here goes.....

I picked up Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 for my daughters new laptop and tried to install it yesterday for the first time. This version shows ukp to 3 PC's and 2 Year License, so i thought it was worth trying it. The package was sealed from the store i bought it at.

After the initial installation steps, the program asked me to create an account by logging in at the site with an email account and password. The site, responded by saying "wrong password".

It seems someone is using my "KEY", probably through some hack. I'm thinking of taking this back to the point of purchase, but the store owners i fear won't be able to help. There is no phone support that seem to work as i have tried the Canadian# 1-888-527-9405 i scoured the net for.

Anyone with any s######estions? :mellow:

Comments

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Mick2010,

Welcome! :) The problem seems to be that you do not have an account created, at least not under the email address used for this forum.

A solution would be to select Fix All Issues or in Expert view (Options-> Expert View) - select the Registration tab - click on Activate. In the new window select Create a new BitDefender account.

Let me know know if you have any other questions.

• Hello Mick2010,

Welcome! :) The problem seems to be that you do not have an account created, at least not under the email address used for this forum.

A solution would be to select Fix All Issues or in Expert view (Options-> Expert View) - select the Registration tab - click on Activate. In the new window select Create a new BitDefender account.

Let me know know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much, that's all it was. I was doing a lot that day, setting up her machine and missed the part about "creating", assuming i could just log into a new account with a new id and password. The error message through me and i panicked. George, thanks again! :)

• Glad to help Mick. :)

This discussion has been closed.