Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Administrative Right Disabled

Options
lavine
edited December 2010 in Old topics

I am New to this forum.I have installed Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Trail .

Now i have lost all my previous administrative rights like viewing control panel or even going to add/remove programs.I cant find the option where i can disable this.

When i switch on my computer in normal mode only one account opens....but when i switch on my computer in safe mode i see two account (Administrator and mine own).

Bitdefender Total Security 2010 had no such issues when i installed it.

Please advice me what to do. Would appreciate any help

Suppose i right click on my computer and press properties it comes in a message box saying "Windows cannot access the specified device , path or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."

PS : I have Windows XP Service pack 3

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

@When i switch on my computer in normal mode only one account opens....but when i switch on my computer in safe mode i see two account (Administrator and mine own).

Try to login from Windows Built-in Administrator account and not yours own in Normal Mode.

• @When i switch on my computer in normal mode only one account opens....but when i switch on my computer in safe mode i see two account (Administrator and mine own).

Try to login from Windows Built-in Administrator account and not yours own in Normal Mode.

But when i start normal mode it doesn't show me the option of two accounts.It only shows my account and that also i am the administrator in that.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello lavine,

Normally, the built-in Administrator account is not shown in Windows XP, if there is another account created on that system. The Administrator account is only visible in SafeMode, as you already noticed. This is the default behavior of Windows XP, and BitDefender has nothing to do with it.

Now, you have a few alternatives:

1) don't use the Welcome Screen to log in. The Welcome Screen is that nice blue interface which lists the accounts before login. To skip that screen, boot normally, press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and the old-fashioned login dialog will appear, where you can type the username and password. Type Administrator as username, type your password (leave blank if you don't have any) and click OK.

1b) Also, the Welcome Screen can be completely disabled, from Control Panel -> Users -> Change the way users log on and off

2) Log into the Administrator account (either from SafeMode, or through the method described at 1), then create a new user account, with administrative privileges. This new account will also appear on the Welcome Screen. Test if you have any privilege issues in this new account.

3) As far as I can remember, there are some settings that can be changed (using Group Policy Editor) so that the built-in Administrator account will be shown. More info about this should be available on Google.

Cris.

• thanks cros...will try it out !!!

This discussion has been closed.