Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cant Download And Install Bitdefender Ts

Options
Maguiver73
edited December 2010 in Old topics

Hiya

I have been trying to download and install the Bitdefender Total Security 2011 3 pcs for a year I bought recently but I have had no luck, I did the unistall tool for bitdefender products and I have made sure there is no other antivirus on my Hp pavilion laptop and windows firewall and windows defender are both disabled, I have tried many different download links including but not limited to this websites download link and I have found a few full downloads, none of them will download they stop somehwere along the process alot of the time around 93% some at 1% Can anyone tell me what might be the problem or point me in the right direction please?

System info

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Pavilion dv2700 Notebook PC

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.21, 2/28/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

If you need any other info please let me know and how to get it please!

If I cant get this to work is there a way to get a refund so I can get another Software for this?

Thanks In advance

Comments

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Maguiver,

Have you tried to download the full install package from HERE?

Also make sure you are not using any download managers. Thanks :)

• Maguiver73
    edited December 2010
    Options

Thanks for the reply ;)

Yes I have tried that link you gave I tried to run it but it says some of the intsallation files are corrupt try to download a fresh copy? Not sure what download manager is maybe im using it, maybe not, How can I tell?

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Maguiver,

Then you are probably not using any download managers. :)

As a possible solution to this issue, try (re)installing the latest Microsoft Installer Package from here. Did you encounter any similar issues with other downloads? Do you have the option of downloading the install kit from another location?

Also, a disc for BitDefender 2011 can be ordered from here. The extra cost would later be compensated by extending your subscription period.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Hiya again George ;)

Sorry I havnt replied, Ive been pretty busy. Well I tried to reinstall the microsoft downloader but for some reason, it says none of those are for my system, not sure why, I know I used the correct one, plus I tried the other ones as well? I have downloaded and installed ccleaner and it worked perfectly, I suppose ill have to try and get the cd, is there anyway to just download the ISO for it or somthing on another computer? I have tried a few different sites to download both the full standalone and the installer with the same outcome, this is really baffeling, But thanks so much for your help :)

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Maguiver,

I found the direct download link for Windows Vista 32bit.

Are you experiencing package losses trough your internet connection? To check, go to Start -> type cmd in the Search Box -> type ping download.bitdefender.com -t in the new window -> let it ping multiple times

Normally, it should look something like in the attached screenshot.

post-36183-1291845378_thumb.jpg

Besides this, I can't think of other solutions than the disc. :)

This discussion has been closed.