Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Webpage Blocked By Bitdefender Real-time Antivirus

Options

Hi there,

I recently purchased Total Security 2011.

Today while working on one of my websites, BitDefender randomly blocked the page. Thinking it odd, I tried several domains including google.com and bitdefender.com which sadly were blocked as well. I seem to have random access to websites right now.

The error message I am getting is as follows.

"BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender includes objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected."

The problem is that I have to use a friends computer to email support for help. Any s######estions on how to remove the block?

Thank you in advance for your speedy reply.

Comments

• I have exactly the same problem. This is the only site I can access on this machine.

Mark

• Many thanks to Mihaela Masaru! I put a support ticket in via the website and received excellent service and support in resolving my issue.

I really appreciate the extra efforts put in by the BitDefender support staff!

• Hi,

SnovaS try to update BitDefender with the latest updates, the issue you encounter should be resolved after the installation is complete. Right click on BitDefender icon and select "Update Now".

Also before testing to see if the issue still occur clear your browser's cache. Since you haven't mentioned on what browser is the issue occurring, I have added the steps to clear cache for all browsers:

Internet Explorer 8:

-From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History...

- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.

- Click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7

- From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.

- Under "Browsing history", click Delete... .

- To delete your cache, click Delete files... .

- To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .

- To delete your history, click Delete history... .

- Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox 3.5 for Windows

- From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History... .

- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.

- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose what history elements to clear (e.g., check Cookies to clear cookies).

- Click Clear Now.

Chrome

- On the upper right, from the Tools menu (), select Options.

- From the Under the Hood tab, click Clear browsing data... .

- Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site data), and then click Clear browsing data.

After completing the steps above please restart the PC and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.