Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Services Not Responding (and Other Issues)

Options

Hi folks!

After getting a RT disabled problem, I reinstalled BD I.Sec in an english locale, by following the instructions provided by DanyDan. (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=22799&st=0&p=99457entry99457)

Here are some problems that I had before, and still have :

- When automatic game mode is turned on and "use the default game list", and "ask me if I want to add fullscreen applications to the whitelist", then BD asks for adding an application to the whilelist every time I quit it, even though the application is already in the whitelist.

- Antivirus Shield RT settings seem to reset themselves to some weird configuration. My preferred configuration is "default" (particularly: HTTP scan enabled); and sometimes while launching the sec center, I can see that the settings have changed to "custom", and particularly "HTTP scan disabled".

So I need to clic on "Default" to set the configuration as I wish.

- My computer's admin session is between twice and three times as long to boot as without BD.

And now, here it is...

- Since my re-installation, I've been getting four times the following problem: BD services are not responding, and then a massive slowdown of the computer. (Seems like BD goes into red alert mode, and scans everything ; which is pretty clever by the way.) This seems to occur randomly sometimes when the computer gets very busy (heavy video software starting up), and sometimes when the computer is turned on after standby or hibernation. The only solution in that case is to restart the computer.

Well I think this is no "solution", actually :), and I very would like to have a fix for the sake of my computer's performances.

OK, so I don't which of those things are bugs and whose are features, so you tell me! :)

Cheers,

Mangatome

Comments

• nikki605
    edited December 2010
    Options

@Mangatome - Since you are still having problems after re-installing BD per DanyDan's instructions, I would recommend that you try to re-create the problem and run the SupportTool again. Send DanyDan a PM with the download link so he can investigate.

Regards,

• @Mangatome - Since you are still having problems after re-installing BD per DanyDan's instructions, I would recommend that you try to re-create the problem and run the SupportTool again. Send DanyDan a PM with the download link so he can investigate.

Regards,

@nikki605: You are right, I just did this :). Thanks.

• nikki605
    edited December 2010
    Options

You're welcome. :)

Just give Daniel a few days to investigate. ;)

I should have mentioned (my bad) to include a link to this topic in your PM to DanyDan so he knows which topic the log files are linked to. He gets a lot of these and he is not a mind reader.

Regards,

• I should have mentioned (my bad) to include a link to this topic in your PM to DanyDan so he knows which topic the log files are linked to. He gets a lot of these and he is not a mind reader.

I figured this out, and I did it :).

On another topic, the errors are getting really worse, and what I'm now getting once my session boot_s up is: BD crashes, BD restarts, BD crashes, BD restarts, and BD crashes for the last time.

By BD crashes I mean the error/bug report window shows up, and then asks me if I want to restart the services.

Eventually no window appear and the services just stop responding.

Funnily enough, the antivirus scan task I started before the first crash is still running.

• Hej,

Have you received my email with instructions on the clean BitDefender re-install I sent you on December 1st ? Please let me know.

The issue you encounter should be resolved upon re-installing as the real time protection driver was not correctly installed / running therefore the issues with the crashes.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hej,

Have you received my email with instructions on the clean BitDefender re-install I sent you on December 1st ? Please let me know.

The issue you encounter should be resolved upon re-installing as the real time protection driver was not correctly installed / running therefore the issues with the crashes.

Looking forward to your answer!

Hej!

I did receive a note from you on December 1st, and I followed it to reinstall BDIS.

As I told on the other topic, I reinstalled it and it seemed to work fine for two or three boot_s; but then some related symptoms started to come back.

At some point, uninstalling a game also uninstalled VC++ Runtime components, and it seemed to me that it messed up even more BDIS.

So yesterday I reinstalled it again (following the same instructions from you mail).

The report file I sent you has been performed just before my last reinstallation, when BDIS really went nuts.

Cheers and thanks again :)

Mangatome

• Hi,

Please note that it's a must to have the 2008 VC++ Redistributable components installed in order for BitDefender to work properly.

When the BitDefender installation is performed, if the VC++ are not found in the PC, then BitDefender will automatically install them.

What exactly are the issues you encounter after you last time reinstalled BitDefender ? Please post them in here. Also I kindly ask you not to create any more duplicate topics to troubleshoot the same issue. Even if you have more than a single issue with BitDefender please post them all in the same topic.

Regards,

• Mangatome
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi,

Please note that it's a must to have the 2008 VC++ Redistributable components installed in order for BitDefender to work properly.

When the BitDefender installation is performed, if the VC++ are not found in the PC, then BitDefender will automatically install them.

What exactly are the issues you encounter after you last time reinstalled BitDefender ? Please post them in here.

I encountered 3 minor problems that I still encounter now, and another quite major one that I do not encounter now, and I believe that it's because my latest reinstallation also reinstalled the VC++ redist packaged that I previously removed.

Please do read again the first post of this thread, the four problems are described.

The big issue is the fourth one. The services crashed, and a dialog showed asking me if I wanted to report the issue to BitDefender and/or restart the services. If I chose to restart the services, then they would crash again, and so forth, until they would eventually just stop to respond and the computer would become very slow.

The log files I sent you were generated while the problem was occurring. Hope this helps.

Also I kindly ask you not to create any more duplicate topics to troubleshoot the same issue. Even if you have more than a single issue with BitDefender please post them all in the same topic.

Regards,

Alright. But my last topic got closed, that's why I created another thread. :) But indeed I should have found another topic covering the same issue. Will do next time.

• Hi again,

I need two things from you in order to further investigate:

You mention:

This seems to occur randomly sometimes when the computer gets very busy (heavy video software starting up), and sometimes when the computer is turned on after standby or hibernation.

- what video software are you referring to ?

- does this still occur if you disable Real Time Protection module ? Please test is and let me know;

Also I will need the logs requested via email so I can come to a conclusion and find a resolution.

Check your GMail account and send me the logs. Thank you!

• Hi again,

I need two things from you in order to further investigate:

You mention:

- what video software are you referring to ?

Hi!

The video software is Adobe Premiere CS5 (x64).

- does this still occur if you disable Real Time Protection module ? Please test is and let me know;

I couldn't make it crash again "by purpose", but it did crash once, after some minutes of uptime. The only thing I was doing was browsing on Firefox 3.6 and running a Flash app inside it.

Also I will need the logs requested via email so I can come to a conclusion and find a resolution.

Check your GMail account and send me the logs. Thank you!

Will do, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.