Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xp Indexing Is Not Working In Bitdefender 2011

Options

Hello,

Post very similar to Windows 7 post: Windows 7 Indexing Is Not Working In Bitdefender 2011 dated 3 Dec 2010.

Configuration: XP SP3 / MS Office 2007 / Windows Search 4.0.

I have just upgraded from IS2010 to IS2011. In the previous IS2010, the Search function in Outlook worked just fine.

Since I upgraded to IS2011, Outlook still identifies the correct number of items to be indexed, but Windows Search 4.0 engine, although "being indexing" non stop, finds NO item to index.

Is it an identified issue in IS2011?

Regards,

Bibif

Comments

• I'm sure the problem you are experiencing with Windows Search 4.0 under WinXP is related to the problem you pointed out under Win7 in the other topic.

Thanks for posting your issue. To my knowledge, you are the first user I can remember that has acknowledged this problem exists with Windows Search 4.0 under WinXP and something that the BD developers need to know as they investigate the problem.

Again, thanks for reporting it.

Regards,

• I'm sure the problem you are experiencing with Windows Search 4.0 under WinXP is related to the problem you pointed out under Win7 in the other topic.

Thanks for posting your issue. To my knowledge, you are the first user I can remember that has acknowledged this problem exists with Windows Search 4.0 under WinXP and something that the BD developers need to know as they investigate the problem.

Again, thanks for reporting it.

Regards,

Am I really the first XP/Office2007/BD user to post about that issue? May be, but with 53% of PC still running XP, I doubt this issue has not occurred before.

Developers should certainly know, but if this issue is confirmed to be a BD bug...

... This wil be the second time, with two different BD products (IS2010 last year and now IS2011) that I note there seem to be NO "NON REGRESSION TESTS" within BD, ie what worked fine with release n does not work anymore with release n+1.

What a waste of time for everybody...

• nikki605
    edited December 2010
    Options

Maybe other users have opened trouble tickets directly with BD support which I would not have any knowledge of, but as far as I can remember (granted, my memory isn't what it used to be) your's is the first post I remember reading here on the forum.

For example, 2 of my 3 PCs are still running WinXP, as you pointed out. However, I do not have Windows Search 4.0 installed on either one of them. I just use the built-in Windows search function, so I don't see this problem on either of those systems.

I have read on other support forums that BD is not the only security software provider to have this issue with indexing. I think that it takes awhile for users to correlate that their indexing problems are related to their security software. I know it took me more than a month before I realized the correlation.

I know that the BD developers are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution, but I have not heard a timeframe. I am just trying to provide them with as much information as possible. :)

Thanks again,

This discussion has been closed.