Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pc Crashes During Scan With Blue Screen

Options

Hi

I used before IS 2010 without problems and now want to install IS 2011. During Installation it makes a scan where my PC crashes with bluescreen.

Win 7, 64 bit version. I scanned the PC with IS 2010. There is no virus found.

What could be the problem. Need help from bitdefender.

Thanks

Comments

• Your drivers are up-to-date?

No blue screen before, in the recent past?

You followed the deinstallation process? (need to download the deinstallation program + the new software found on the forum)

Deinstall the old one using the program (repair/remove)

Start in safe mode off internet.

use the deinstallation soft to complete the deinstallation.

Launch the installation program after deactivating Windows firewall.

-> You still have the blue screen?

Some softwares do not get along well with BD, difficult to know which one...

Check the points above. A connoisseur of Seven will answer you soon probably.

regards

L.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Upload the snapshot of Blue Screen.

• How can I make a screenshot of the bluescreen?

Once again, I switched now back to 2010 as I'm not able to install 2011. Obviously there is something from the scan routine in 2011 causing the crash as it does not happen with 2010 due to some incombatibility but it's unclear what as with 2010 there is no problem.

I had no bluescreen before and the PC is free of virus or other malware according to BD 2010.

I've installed the latest drivers on Windows and any other part or software.

I used already the uninstall tool before installation. What is a bit strange is that some application files seems not to be deleted but the program does the same cycles on and on and in the end its ok, howver I'm not sure if this behavior is normal of the new uninstall tool.

I installed 2011 a couple of month ago and it worked then. Unfortunately I needed to reinstall the 2011 due to crashing to blue sreen a few days ago during the quick scan. Afterwards I was not able to install it anymore with the same crash during installation.

I'm also not able to perform a online scan with the provided bitdefender solution as this stuff hangs up.

So any help from bitdefender or some professionals is greatly appreciated.

• I'm using the German download of BDIS 2011, not quite sure if this would be different from the US version.

• Hi TheHon,

I created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201012121054235. Follow the instructions and please send me the requested logs for analysis in order to find the cause of the issue and a possible resolution.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.