Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender 2011 Crashes System

Options

Hi--

I've used BitDefender since 2008 and have been really happy with it to this point, but I've been having a problem with 2011 AntiVirus Pro. Two or three times a day, the red icon in the taskbar that usually says "Protected: No Issues are affecting the security or status of this PC" suddenly turns gray and says something like "Bit Defender services have been disabled. Please restart your computer and contact BitDefender Support if the problem persists."

What seems odd to me is that when this happens, it renders the entire computer inoperable and I have to reboot it to work with my computer at all. I've tried paying attention to what exactly I'm doing when the crash occurs, but it's not consistent...I could be doing anything from web browsing to working with photo files on my hard drive to working in Dreamweaver. Can you assist? I'm just about ready to wash my hands of the whole BitDefender suite and start over with something else.

Thanks

longbow

Comments

• Hi Longbow,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• DanyDan-- I tried the instructions in the link, but the supporttool application didn't work at all. Waited fifteen minutes after clicking "Next" without any movement at all in the progress bar. Please advise?

Hi Longbow,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

• Yes, wait a little longer. Depending on the PC performance and the number of software running / installed on your PC, the SupportTool may take several minutes. As an example, on my PC I wait about 15-20 minutes for it to complete.

If you still can't run the Support Tool please follow the steps below:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

• Hello, I've tryied to install BitDefender on two computers Laptop XP and Netbook XP. It crashes system on both during installation.

• Hi there,

I'm really trying to know where to follow this problem!! It has been under this topic

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=23002

and now here.Would you please make it into one topic for us sufferers of same symptoms to know where the remedy is???

I have posted in the other topic that the solution suggested didn't solve anything I really don't know what to do to be able to work with my computer.

Regards,

Fida

• Hello, I've tryied to install BitDefender on two computers Laptop XP and Netbook XP. It crashes system on both during installation.

Follow the procedure DanyDan posted right above yours to create and submit Sysdump.exe log files from each PC and send DanyDan a PM with the requested information.

Regards,

• Hi Longbow,

Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to continue troubleshooting the issue you encounter.

Fida: if you would have read the forum rules or my posts where I repeat the same thing over and over and over again without anyone listening, you would have known that posting for assistance in multiple topics in regards of the same issue will only confuse me, not to mention that it is NOT allow as per Forum Rules.

I have mentioned already above: your PC meets the minimum system requirements and yes, if the PC, is too slow to restart the BitDefender services then you may receive that gray icon error. Note that whenever BitDefender updates itself, all processes and services are restarted for changes to take effect. If you have a slow PC then this process may not complete correctly, especially if you have multiple programs using the PC at that time. I see two options for you:

- uninstall 2011 and install an older version;

- keep 2011 installed and reduce the number of the features enabled within BitDefender, features that will reduce the slowdown and prevent BitDefender from displaying the gray ball icon.

Those features are for example:

- under Antivirus -> Advanced Settings - > AVC and IDS should be disabled;

- under Antivirus -> Custom Level -> disable HTTP traffic scan;

- under Update -> Settings -> disable Upload BitDefender files from this PC;

vadeta: create a new topic and explain the situation. Please create your own topic. Also please read the Forum Rules, I won't tolerate the same mistake again. I haven't warned you as being your very first post on the forums.

This discussion has been closed.