Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Manual Update

Options

Hi all

a lote of pepole use manual update and every time must download large size (more than 90 MB) so I have suggest

if there any way to publish weekly update (all update) and daily update (from month) so update size will be smaller and can be downloaded easy

Comments

• Hi,

If you wish to daily update then you should keep Automatic updates on. It would be pointless to deploy a daily update other than using the Update Mode within BitDefender.

The size of the weekly update file is: 97Mb. To be honest I do not find that big nor hard to download once per week or even once every two weeks.

Still I would like to thank you for the feedback. Feel free to post any suggestion you may have as that will help us improve your products.

Kind regards,

• zibra.girl@gmail.com
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi,

If you wish to daily update then you should keep Automatic updates on. It would be pointless to deploy a daily update other than using the Update Mode within BitDefender.

The size of the weekly update file is: 97Mb. To be honest I do not find that big nor hard to download once per week or even once every two weeks.

Still I would like to thank you for the feedback. Feel free to post any suggestion you may have as that will help us improve your products.

Kind regards,

is the weekly.exe has all the updates since the release of the version?

if not, can u plz provide a link from where I can download all of the updates?

I'm using kaspersky from last two months. Before I switch to Bitdefender Total Security I need to know if I can download all the updates in a bundle since it was released.

In kaspersky we are allowed to save updates so that we can update other computers in house. Is this feature is also available in Bitdefender? cuz I really don't want to keep updating 3 computer for the same thing...

Waiting for reply....

Taniya

• Taniya - welcome to the forums! :)

The weekly update file will include all current virus definitions, but not any BD program updates.

What I typically do is right-click on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and then click on 'Update Now.' This will update both the latest virus definitions and the latest BD program updates.

Regards,

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi Taniya

Actually Kaspersky has separate tool for updating its product manually or offline and then browse the update from product which can be used for any computer with same product installed and the updater tool can used to update several times a day while Bitdefender has weekly update installer updated every thursday.

But Bitdefender has more efficient and rapid updates than Kaspersky I experienced. :)

@In kaspersky we are allowed to save updates so that we can update other computers in house.

I don't know how to do this using Bitdefender. Seems to be good feature if available.

• Thank you for reply. I think Kaspersky would be better, since I don't have to update 3 computers separately....

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

You can use same weekly.exe to update all three computers and my experience is that the updating Kaspersky either manual or automatic is very slow as compared to Bitdefender and I am surprised that you are preferring it over Bitdefender only due to offline updates..........just amazing.

• The size of the weekly update file is: 97Mb. To be honest I do not find that big nor hard to download once per week or even once every two weeks.

to be honest 97 MB it is not big size in Eurapian countery but in my countery (Syria) 97 MB is large size :D and I don't see any broplem to make tow updates file (weekly containe all updates and daily containe monthly updates)

and I also agree with ONT

in Kaspersky AV there is methode to copy update from PC and update other offline (update from Local Folder)

so if you have many computers you can update one PC then copy updates to USB and update other offline

for more see this

xxxx:xxx//support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208281987

• Ok I will try it for next 10 days.

I think I should install it before spending any more money on either of the products.

My other question is about the performance. Does it degrade the processing speed?

Thank you reply....

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

@My other question is about the performance. Does it degrade the processing speed?

Meet your system requirements here.

• Unknown
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hello,

You can do the same thing with BitDefender by using the Home Network module. You need to set one of the PCs in the network as Update Server - the one connected to the Internet normally - and the other PCs as clients. Then you can only make the updates on 1 PC and have the others taking the updates from it.

You can do that in 2 ways:

- set the PC as Update server as shown in the attached screenshot

- you can put the IP of the PC connected to the Internet as Update server into the Update module as shown in the second attached screenshot.

post-20064-1293962203_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1293962295_thumb.jpg

• It is good methode to update Network Computers ;)

I have a question : if I update Bitdefender then copy plug-in folder to USB (plug-in folder is in Bitdefender folder and contain virus data base) then past it in other PC (on C:\Bitdefender update) and edit update settings (local update is C:\Bitdefender update\plug-in) and run update

is this methode work ???????

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi kosay85

Since Bitdefender don't have any option to browse update files manually, so it may not not be possible. Also the Bitdefender installation folders are write protected.

• You can not specify the location of the plug-in folder as the name of the latest plugin folder is always different.

If you go to the location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner

you will see the folders Antivirus_xxxxx_xxx where xxxxx_xxx will change each time you update.

Regards,

• If I update PC via internet and copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\AntiVirus_xxx_xxx\Plug-in to a new PC and change settings

can I update my database ?????

or this is wrong methode ??

• Hi,

Is not that it is wrong or right, you can not update. What you can do is update using the local network and the BitDefender update module. You can not simply just copy/paste the latest signatures.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.