Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Issue With Avangate Auto-renewal

Options

Hello! I hope this info will help others respond in time.

I have been using bitdefender for two years now and i'm very satisfied but

this year somehow ther's this avangate auto-renewal which automatically takes payment from my credit card for the same product as before.

It jus automatically subscibes me for auto-renewal when i register in avangate and they sent me one e-mail for this only four days before taking payment- I didn't have any time to cancel this auto-renewal which I definetly would do because I like to test before buying other security suites and then choose.

I contacted avantage but they just seying that they are only payment processors.

Hope ther's will not be any problems with bitdefender for refunding.

Comments

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Marcis B.

Thank you for contacting us. I only wish you have done this sooner :)

As requested, BitDefender Customer Service has fully refunded your automatic renewal order. I hope this does not negatively affect your choice when taking into future consideration our security solution, BitDefender.

I would also like to point out that according to our logs, email notifications were sent at the following dates:

2010-11-18 30 day(s) before expiration date

2010-12-03 15 day(s) before expiration date

2010-12-11 7 day(s) before expiration date

You should be able to cross-reference this information under you Gmail account.

For anyone else who might be reading this topic, the automatic renewal option is present during the purchase process and can be Enabled or Disabled freely.

Complete information regarding purchased subscriptions and options to manage them are also available under the Avangate MyAccount

For any other information, please do not hesitate to contact BitDefender Customer Service.

Thank you again for your understanding.

• rreinhardklein
    edited January 2011
    Options

I have received today an e-mail notification from avangate that I had purchased a prologation of licence for bitdefender 2010

I would have expected at least a notification a couple of days before with a cancellation option.

That has NOT happend.

I also was not aware that I had agreed to continous subscription, which I would have cancelled.

I expect therefor a full refund on my VISA Card acccount, I do not have Bitdefender in use any more.

It is illegal in Germany and Austria to sell in such a way and I reserve right for legal action should there be no refund in reasonable time.

• George R.
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hello Reinhard Klein,

According to the Avangate logs, notifications were sent on:

2010-12-13 30 day(s) before expiration date

2010-12-28 15 day(s) before expiration date

2011-01-05 7 day(s) before expiration date

Please check you Inbox/Spam box.

As request and in accordance with our refund policy, your order has now been fully refunded.

Have a nice evening!

Topic closed. For any other readers, for each request a new topic must be opened. Thank you. :)

This discussion has been closed.