Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 Start Up After Install

Options

I have a new PC with Windows 7 (64 bit). I have attempted to download Bitdefender Total Security 2011 and each time, I received a corrupt file error message. I ended up downloading it at work, saved it to a flash drive and then installed it on my new home PC. The installation went fine. The problem is after installing this, when I shut the system down and restarted, the PC gets hung up on the initial screen where I believe it says "Windows Starting" and then the colorful symbol appears above. The system hangs there and nothing else happens. When I do a restore, Bitdefender gets removed and the system starts up fine. I have gone through reinstalling a few times and continue to have the same issue.

What can I do?

Comments

• It sounds like something already on you PC may be blocking BD from installing completely or correctly. Make sure there are no other security software programs installed. New PCs typically come with some "trial version" of an a/v program. If there are any installed, uninstall them first. Information in this topic may help.

If you are still having problems, follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate further:

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.