Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts2011 Installed, Comp Sluggish/grey Outs

Options

I have been using bd since 2008. I upgraded to BDTS2011 a few weeks ago. Since then, my computer is extremely sluggish and has grey outs when loading. I tried to run the support tool application, but after 30 min, no progress was made by the tool and so I closed the application. I tried to use it 2 times. My computer info: Vista 64bit, 2GHz, 4 GBRAM. What other info can I provide?

Comments

• Lionet
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi roetenberger.

Did you deinstall the previous soft?

On the french side, we have to download the BD uninstall soft, the latest version.

1) we deinstall the old soft though the operation Start program BD remove

2) we start in safe mode and launch the uninstall software

3 we start in normal mode and install the latest version.

...to be sure we have nothing left of the old soft. A bit long, truly.

You did that when you installed the latest soft?

remind:

1 and only 1 firewall

1 and only 1 antivirus

1 antipsyware

I have no speed problem with the latest version, BD IS 2011 I input a few weeks ago, so I can't figure what happened on your machine, besides I still have XP, an old O.S. ...

It is possible to deinstall/reinstall the soft, I do that from time to time, but not the best solution.

Someone who knows well Vista will answer you soon probably.

Regards,

L.

• Lionet,

Yes, I did uninstall the previous bd on my comp. I have only 1 firewall, antivirus, antispyware. I appreciate your suggestions.

Hi roetenberger.

Did you deinstall the previous soft?

On the french side, we have to download the BD uninstall soft, the latest version.

1) we deinstall the old soft though the operation Start program BD remove

2) we start in safe mode and launch the uninstall software

3 we start in normal mode and install the latest version.

...to be sure we have nothing left of the old soft. A bit long, truly.

You did that when you installed the latest soft?

remind:

1 and only 1 firewall

1 and only 1 antivirus

1 antipsyware

I have no speed problem with the latest version, BD IS 2011 I input a few weeks ago, so I can't figure what happened on your machine, besides I still have XP, an old O.S. ...

It is possible to deinstall/reinstall the soft, I do that from time to time, but not the best solution.

Someone who knows well Vista will answer you soon probably.

Regards,

L.

• anybody?

• Hello,

Please tell me how exactly have you upgraded from 2008 to the 2011 version ? Both of the versions installed were for 64-bits ?

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Please tell me how exactly have you upgraded from 2008 to the 2011 version ? Both of the versions installed were for 64-bits ?

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter.

Daniel,

I began using BD in 2008. Each year, I have renewed and installed the next version of BD. I have had this computer for almost 2 years and so BD 2010 and 2011 were for 64bits.

I read the steps in the article prior to initiating this thread. If you read my initial post, you will see that I cannot generate a log file. The support tool does not run and no file is generated after 30 minutes. I have tried this now 3 times.

Help!

• My mistake, please accept my apologies. Try to use another tool to generate the logs I need, as explained below:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

• My mistake, please accept my apologies. Try to use another tool to generate the logs I need, as explained below:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

done! thanks for your help.

• I have been patiently awaiting support. I realize I have asked during Christmas, but surely 7 days is more than enough time expect a response.

• Hello,

Tried to use the logs you generated however they are not complete. Please make sure when you run the sysdump.exe file that you wait for the black window to close by itself. Also, if you are using Windows Vista / Windows 7 right click on the file and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Send me via PM the new logs so I can complete my analysis.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Daniel,

I'm not sure what happened, I did run the application as instructed. I have rerun and PMed you with the download link to the tar file as well as the link to this thread.

• 10 days later, I'm still waiting for support.

• Hi,

Why you count 10 days from the first post when you had my last reply 2 days ago ? That's not nice :( You should also keep in mind that we had Christmas and New Year so yes, you may receive my answer with a small delay but not 10 days.

Have you checked your email ? Please do. I have sent you notifications via PM, email and on the topic so you can't really say that you have not received support for 10 days. It seems that we have a communication issue here. If you haven't received my email nor my PM please let me know.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.