Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security Causing Problem With Powerdvd 10

Options

I recently installed Bitdefender 2011 Total Security and it's causing a problem with my PowerDvd 10 program. When I pop in a Dvd PowerDvd is no longer starting up automatically as it should. I tried to reinstall it and the problem remains. PowerDvd will start up when I start it manually but not automatically. I was on Total Security 2010 and PowerDvd was working fine. Do you know whats causing this or why it's happening? Is there a fix for it? Also the issue does not lie in my set defaults. I've already checked there.

Comments

• By default, BD disables autorun since it is a common way for PC viruses to spread. Your issue with PowerDvd may be related to autorun.

See if the autorun information in this pinned topic helps.

Regards,

• By default, BD disables autorun since it is a common way for PC viruses to spread. Your issue with PowerDvd may be related to autorun.

See if the autorun information in this pinned topic helps.

Regards,

OK. With BD in Expert View, click on Vulnerability-->Settings and un-check the Media Autorun box. You may have to do a Vunerability-->Status-->Check Now to ensure that BD is no longer checking for the status of Media Autorun.

Change the Windows settings back to what you want in Control Panel.

I have unchecked the Media Autorun Box and did a status check and Media Autorun is still coming not coming up as a vulnerability. Does this mean its still checking the status? Shouldn't it be a vulnerability if its not monitored?

• Hello,

Not sure I understand ... what you mean by "Media Autorun is still coming not coming up as a vulnerability" ? I strongly recommend you to read carefully the article below. You will find useful information about how to turn ON or OFF the Autorun Windows option to fit your needs.

If you still need any further assistance feel free to reply to this topic or create a new topic if you have a new query.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.