Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Online Backup Cannot Be Configured [solved]

Options

Hi,

I just noticed I can't configure ONLINE BACKUP anymore. It is configured in Bitdefender in the BACKUP tab, when I enter the email address and password and click on SUBMIT, it says "THANK YOU, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN UPDATED".

But when I try to restore a file after BD detects a virus I can't, telling me my ONLINE BACKUP has not been configured.

I know ONLINE BACKUP is indeed included in my account, it says so in my account page of Bitdefender.

What can I do?

thnx

Comments

• Hello Tierix,

Please tell me if you can access the Online Backup account from:

https://myaccount.bitdefenderbackup.com/

Also tell me if you recently changed your email address or password.

I will also contact you via email to ask for you license key.

• tierix
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hello Tierix,

Please tell me if you can access the Online Backup account from:

https://myaccount.bitdefenderbackup.com/

Also tell me if you recently changed your email address or password.

I will also contact you via email to ask for you license key.

HI,

No I can't. There's nowhere to enter a username in Bitdefender to activate Online Backup, only the email address and password. Therefore I don't even know my username. I replied to your email.

Thanks for your help

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Tierix,

The username is the email address under which the Online Backup / BitDefender account was originally activated - the email address associated to your forum account did not return any matches.

I will check your email and account details as soon as I get a chance :)

• ok thanks. The orginial email has changed I think. is it possible to change it to the current one please? The current one is in the email I sent you.

Thank you

• Hi again,

ok I entered my old email address in the link you provided to me and I got in. I changed my email address but my username is still the old email address, not the new one.

But I need it to be my new email address cause my Bitdefender account is the new email address.

How do I do that please?

thanks

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Tierix,

Go to Start -> Run -> copy paste the whole line below:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\bdwizreg.exe /account

If using Windows Vista/7 simply copy paste in the Search Box

Select the option to sign in under a previously created account - meaning the old email address. All that should be required now is to activate (configure) the Online Backup module under the new credentials.

I also feel the need to add that the credentials used to activate the BitDefender software under the initial email address, need to be the same as the ones used to login at https://myaccount.bitdefenderbackup.com/ They probably are the same anyway. :)

• tierix
    edited December 2010
    Options

ok I don't understand. I did what you asked. Now when I open Bitdefender, under the REGISTRATION tab, I can see my OLD email address, which doesn't even exist anymore!

How do I use online backup with my current email address?

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello Tierix,

Does it work properly now? There is also an option to change the email address, but I first needed to see if it works or if it's related to another issue..

• yes it works now. I changed my email address from the website link you sent me, but the "username" is still my old address. Can you change it to the new email address please?

• Hello Tierix,

Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems like I was wrong and the username to the Online Backup account can not be changed. On the other hand, using the obsolete email address as an username does not cause any issues.

• Doesn't it cause issues if you want to check my account or send me an email??? Again, this email does not exist anymore so I can't check its emails

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

The previous account still exists. Also, if you want to contact BitDefender support online or trough the integrated interface, a different contact email address can be provided.

The online backup account is tied to your license key, so should you purchase a new license key, please let me know so we can correct this situation.

Happy Holidays! :)

This discussion has been closed.