Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Icon Turns Gray And The Computer Semi-freezes

Options

Hi:

I installed BitDefender Internet Security 2011 (BDIS 2011) a couple of weeks ago once my subsciption to BDIS 2009 expired which had been working flawlessly. Unfortunately, I have had problems since Day 1 of installing BDIS 2011. The BD icon in the System Tray has been turning gray for no reason causing the computer to freeze or semi-freeze. I have to manually reboot each time. I sent the screen shot and file created by the support tool to the BD Support team. I was asked to remove Malware Bytes and reinstall BDIS 2011 which I did per instruction. The problem still exisits. The BD icon turns grey a few times a day almost freezing my computer each time. I have sent the Support team another file but have not heard of any recommended fix from them yet.

I see that other users are having similar issues. I am wondering if it is time to dump this product and go for something else. I like BD and would hate to have to do that. Does any one have any suggestions?

Comments

• Typical BD tech support response time is 24-48 hours, plus, we are just coming out of the holiday season. Please try to exercise a little patience and give them time to see your log files, evaluate them and respond. :)

Thanks and Happy New Year,

• Hi Walih,

Please provide me with the ticket ID you have with us by posting here or by sending me a PM (private message). Also please generate a new set of logs using the Support Tool file.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.