Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2011: Real-time Protection Disabled, Repair Fails

Options

Hello. I'm running BDIS 2011 on an Alienware Aurora machine under Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Two days ago, my computer hung, and a pattern of little squares appeared across the screen. Mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, so I tried to shut it down by holding the power button down, and that didn't work either, so I cut the power. When I turned it back on, BDSI reported that Real-time Protection was disabled. I tried to scan for a virus, but all anti-virus services were disabled. I also had Prevx installed (which claims to be compatible with BDSI), and it wouldn't run either. I ran an on-line scan from BitDefender's web site, but it found no problems and said that BDSI was running properly. I ran another on-line scan from Panda Security, and it found about 15 infections that neither BDSI nor Prevx had discovered, but all were either tracking cookies or latent infections in my email archive, which did not seem to have become active in my machine.

I decided that I must have software conflicts, so I reinstalled Windows 7 from the CD (not a clean installation, because I didn't think I really had a virus).

Now I have reinstalled BDIS, and it worked fine for a day. I ran a deep system scan, which turned up no problems. I have not reinstalled Prevx.

This morning when I started up my computer, BDIS reported that Real-Time Protection was disabled, along with all other anti-virus functions. I disconnected my machine from the network, and came to this forum on my Linux machine. Following the advice in this thread, I performed a repair, but it didn't fix the problem.

Following the instructions in this thread, I ran supporttool.exe and sysdump.exe, and have uploaded the results to SendSpace. Please contact me for the links. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• jdcrutch
    edited January 2011
    Options

Well, as soon as I finished the foregoing, I updated BDIS, which I thought I had done as soon as I reinstalled it, before I ran the deep system scan. Anyway, it downloaded about 55MB and asked me to reboot, which I did. Now everything seems to be working all right, but things have been so screwy that I fully expect it to ###### out on me again. Any advice would still be appreciated.

P.S.: I wrote "p0op" and the forum censored me! Are they afraid three-year-olds will read this and be traumatized?

• Hello,

You can send me the download links for the Support Tool via PM. I will analyze the logs and provide you with an answer in the shortest time possible.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.