Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Not Accepting "valid" Key

Options

I have purchased bitdefender 2011 Total Security just yesterday (3 PCs/1 Year) and have succesfully activated it on one computer than had an evaluation version previously installed. When I went to install it on a second system (after uninstalling an older version using the bitdefender uninstall tool) at the Register Your Product screen I enter my key and get the message that the product has been successfully registered but when I get to the next screen (Activate Online Features) and enter my account info it gives me the error message "The license key you have entered is not valid. If you have purchased this key contact Customer Support to get help with this issue". The same message comes up still if I try to make a different account whether I want to activate online backup or not. Obviously this prevents the installation altogether. Also if I cancel the installation and try again but just under a trial evaluation the same thing happens when I get to the screen, telling me the key is invalid (same message as before) even if I don't input any key at all. This is on a system running WinXP 32bit SP3.

Thanks

Comments

• George R.
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hello cjdupuis,

I will be handling your support request and will offer you a solution to this issue as soon as possible. Please check your Inbox.

Thank you for your patience.

• Hello cjdupuis,

I will be handling your support request and will offer you a solution to this issue as soon as possible. Please check your Inbox.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi cjdupuis/George R,

Can I ask, did this issue get sorted? I'm having exactly the same issue, I've been in contact with the support team who've asked me to flush and renew the dns, though this hasn't worked.

I too have purchased Bitdefender 2011 Internet sercurity 3PCs/1Yr, I'm running Windows 7.

Thanks

• Hello Drooza,

Please post a screenshot of the error message you receive. If the screenshot includes the license key make sure you mask it (blur it) before adding the screenshot to the topic.

Also mention:

- if you had a previous version of BitDefender installed before installing the 2011 one;

- what is your Internet connection type;

- what is your Operating System and PC architecture (32-bit ; 64-bit)

Regards,