Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Page Loads And System Start Auto Scan

A couple months ago I installed BDIS 2011 and noticed very slow page loads and other such ill effects. I considered the new BDIS 2011 to be broken and uninstalled it.

I have since reinstalled BDIS 2011 to which the program installed flawless this time as last time installation was a nightmare. BDIS 2011 seems to be operating much better now but I am also still experiencing slow page loads. This is very frustrating as I am sure you would know. What should\can I do about this?

Also, I really don't like how BD performs an auto full system scan when I turn my system on. I do however like having BD do a "scheduled scan" at say (default) 2am but this scan first thing when I turn on my system is ridiculous. I want to turn it off as it pauses and just hangs there while I do my work. I don't want to have to turn it off every day... and.. Yesterday it wouldn't turn off. When I would close it it would just reappear. I had to restart my system for it to close. Look for a means to turn this feature off.

Thanks a ton

Comments

• Anyone else having random system scans? Even with scheduled scans turned off. Who here has noticed considerable page loads as well after installing BDIS 2011?

• Anyone else having random system scans? Even with scheduled scans turned off. Who here has noticed considerable page loads as well after installing BDIS 2011?

I'm not sure what you mean by "random system scans" but verify that the scan when idle checkbox is unchecked as shown in this screenshot:

post-35640-1295271673_thumb.jpg

I have not seen any page load problems on my 3 PCs (see my signature for config info). Tell us about your PC - hardware, software, OS, browser, etc.

Regards,

• MyBD
    edited January 2011
    I'm not sure what you mean by "random system scans" but verify that the scan when idle checkbox is unchecked as shown in this screenshot:

post-35640-1295271673_thumb.jpg

I have not seen any page load problems on my 3 PCs (see my signature for config info). Tell us about your PC - hardware, software, OS, browser, etc. Regards,

Hi Nikki,

THanks for your suggestion. I found out that the "Scan when idle " checkbox was marked to run when pc will run on idle for 30min.

Now the checkmark/tick is removed and I will come back with a feedback, if that did "the trick". Crossing fingers.

• Nikki thanks that should take care of the scans happening at any given time.

I failed to mention that my outlook express also takes some time to open. I think its the BD email module slowing it up.

Not only do I have slow page loads but firefox crashes alot too. Hangs then crashes.

My system specks are

EVGA 680i SLI 122-CK-NF68-A1,

Intel C2D E6850, EVGA 8800GTX,

OCZ Reaper PC2 8500, Ultra X3 1000W fully modular PSU,

1 Primary Raptor X 150 gig + 2 150 gig Raptors in RAID 0,

Swiftech H20-220 Ultra with a Stealth GPU water block,

Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC 24" monitor,

Lian Li V2000 Plus Case slightly modded,

Steelseries Akari Laser Gaming Mouse, Razor Tarantula keyboard,

AuzenTech Prelude Sound Card,

Pioneer VSX-1016TXV receiver with Bose 301's,

AKG K240 Studio Head Phones, Blue Snowflake USB Microphone.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help solve these issues I am having.

• nikki605
    edited January 2011

Since you mentioned Outlook Express, I take it you are using Win XP (Home, Pro, etc.) - SP2 or SP3? What version firefox do you have?

With BD in Expert Mode, navigate to Antivirus-->Shield-->Custom Level (button) and temporarily deselect incoming and outgoing email scanning. Try Outlook Express and see if that corrects the slowdown. (see screenshot below).

Then, one at a time, deselect Antiphishing in Firefox and then Scan Web Traffic to see if that resolves the Firefox issue. (again, see screenshot below).

post-35640-1295311759_thumb.jpg

Post back with your results.

Regards,

• Hi Nikki,

THanks for your suggestion. I found out that the "Scan when idle " checkbox was marked to run when pc will run on idle for 30min.

Now the checkmark/tick is removed and I will come back with a feedback, if that did "the trick". Crossing fingers.

Hi Nikki and Corpus (+ whom could be interested),

NO more automatically unwanted Full System Scan, when starting the computer today. Seems that the issue is solved . Thanks.

• HI

The screen-shot for disabling idle scan if for anti-virus pro 2011, I have total security 2011 and dont seem to have that option; yet i have the occasional random scans. What do i do?

thanks

• update: forget my question. I found the option under another tab. thanks anyway.

• This forum category is NOT for troubleshooting but to help other users find old topics to resolve the issue they encounter. Please create a new topic, explain the situation there and you'll have our answer in the shortest time possible.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.