Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pchooklaunch64 Crash

Options

Hi,

Windows 7 pro x64, it's a fresh install of the OS, with Microsoft Visual C++ x86 and x64 installed, have been reading other posts about pchooklaunch64.exe

my current latest version of BD Total Security 2011 is 14.0.24.337 but no further new updates, but I saw there's a new update in December of 14.0.26.337 unless that's a typo?

pchooklaunch64.exe doesn't seem to crash until about an hour after OS has logged in.

PM'd Dany Dan with logfile (from supporttool.exe)

Comments

• The Build number displayed on the about screen does contain a "typo." It displays incorrectly on the About screen as 14.0.24.337, but is really the latest Build 14.0.26.337.

Give DanyDan some time to find your PM to him and investigate the log files.

Regards,

• The Build number displayed on the about screen does contain a "typo." It displays incorrectly on the About screen as 14.0.24.337, but is really the latest Build 14.0.26.337.

Give DanyDan some time to find your PM to him and investigate the log files.

Regards,

Okay, and Yeah I will wait for the reply :)

but even though pchooklaunch64.exe does crash, BDTS still works fine.

• Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, still not finished with the exams. 5 passed 3 to go :)

I have received your PM and the logs you uploaded. The analysis have started and, as soon as it will be complete, I will send you an email with the results and a possible resolution.

I have created a ticket ID on your behalf with the ID: 201101291009575. Also I have sent you the instructions via email for the Autoruns logs I need from you along with the version of the pchooklaunch files present in the BitDefender folder. Please check your GMail inbox and send me the requested info.

Thank you and looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, still not finished with the exams. 5 passed 3 to go :)

I have received your PM and the logs you uploaded. The analysis have started and, as soon as it will be complete, I will send you an email with the results and a possible resolution.

I have created a ticket ID on your behalf with the ID: 201101291009575. Also I have sent you the instructions via email for the Autoruns logs I need from you along with the version of the pchooklaunch files present in the BitDefender folder. Please check your GMail inbox and send me the requested info.

Thank you and looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

That wasn't a late answer, was only 4 hours ago when I posted. Good luck with your exams, may I ask what exams you doing? I am currently doing Microsoft Server 2003 exams, even though it's outdated due to 2008 being out a while.

and thanks, and I have replied to the email with the info you needed.

plawlorx

• plawlorx
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hmmm DanyDan, I have replied to the email from gmail many days ago, but not got a reply or anything. :(

hopefully it will be checked and sorted soon.

Many thanks.

• Hello, everyone. I have the same issue pchooklaunch64.exe crashes (for about last 2 weeks). I have W7 Ultimate 64 bit. Any ideas? Does it stop my BitDefender?

Tom

• Mihaela M.
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hi Tom Milas and plawlorx,

Be informed that a fix for this issue will be launched during the next week. Please be patient and wait for the update. In case the issue reoccurs after that update, please do not hesitate to post here.

Thank you for your understanding!

• Working with version 14.0.28.351 and Vista 64-bit. Pchooklaunch64.exe crashes at least once each computer session. What does that mean about my security? Am I in trouble?

• Hello everyone,

For all of you having the pchooklaunch32/64 crashes please let me know if the issue persist after you update to the latest build: 14.0.28.351

Regards,

• Hello everyone,

For all of you having the pchooklaunch32/64 crashes please let me know if the issue persist after you update to the latest build: 14.0.28.351

Regards,

Yes I am still getting the exception after running for a while: exception (0x0000417) occured in the application at location 0x75064fdb. Please get pchooklaunch32 fixed ASAP causinf my wife to ask to many questions for which I have no answers

• Yes I am still getting the exception after running for a while: exception (0x0000417) occured in the application at location 0x75064fdb. Please get pchooklaunch32 fixed ASAP causinf my wife to ask to many questions for which I have no answers

You didn't exactly answer DanyDan's question - does "running for a while" mean that you have verified that you have been updated to build 14.0.28.351?

Please right-click on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray, select "About" and then post back with the build number that is displayed.

Thank you,