Bitdefender 2011 Direct Download Links

It appears the Bitdefender 2011 Direct Download Links in the pinned topic are not current. When I install it says there is a new version available. Think you could update them? In the last three months I've used them for 4 customers that are now BD paying customers. If I keep this up, it would be nice to see extensions added to my subscription :-)

Comments

• George R.
    edited February 2011

Hello shpshftr,

Because the full install kits are compiled at much longer intervals, certain product components might get updated in the meantime.

In order to avoid downloading additional files, you have 2 options. Either select No and let automatic updates do its job after install is finished or download the automated installer kit from:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en/

These small install kits will automatically download the latest components and check whether the operating system is 32bit or 64bit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited February 2011
    Hello shpshftr,

Because the full install kits are compiled at much longer intervals, certain product components might get updated in the meantime.

In order to avoid downloading additional files, you have 2 options. Either select No and let automatic updates do its job after install is finished or download the automated installer kit from:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en/

These small install kits will automatically download the latest components and check whether the operating system is 32bit or 64bit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Most my customers have very slow internet connections and the "small install kits" always fail without exception. That is why I download the full installers and install to customer computers from a thumb drive. I use your option 1 but the updates are so big (up to 100 meg) that most the time I am sitting there waiting for the update to complete for over an hour and it frequently fails several times before it finishes. The customer is often sitting right there with me and it's hard to charge them for this time. That was the reason for my request.

Anything you can do to speed that process up is much appreciated...like maybe a supplemental update file I can carry with me. Or something along those lines. Just a thought.

• Hello shpshftr,

The latest kit for download can be always found on:

www.download.bitdefender.com > windows > desktop > product > final > language > bitdefender_product_2011_32b.exe OR x64 > bitdefender_product_2011_64b.exe

for the English version:

The BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 installation kit can be downloaded from here:

-32bits version: click here

-64bits version: click here

The BitDefender Internet Security 2011 installation kit can be downloaded from here:

The BitDefender Total Security 2011 installation kit can be downloaded from here:

Note: it is indeed possible sometimes to launch an update and the full kit will be released in a couple of days

If the customers however receive the message that there is a new kit available the can click on No and install the one they downloaded and the updates will be applied gradually via automatic update

Thank you,

Carmen