Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 14.0.24.337 Issues

I've recently discovered a few issues in BitDefender.

1. I cannot click any video in the video library. When I hover on the video, a blank tooltip appears and when i click on a video nothing happens.

2. Search Advisor is compatible with chrome 10, FF4, IE9, but circles appear only on the first search and on the first page. After that they won't appear until browser restart. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1.

Comments

• Another issue is that in Intermediate view, under the Security tab "Parental Control is not configured" keeps reappearing every time I start the interface, even though I have turned it off from the Add/Edit link.

• BorisVasilev22
    edited February 2011

And... one more. When the Real-Time protection is turned off and I start some scan task (Quick Scan, Deep Scan) Real-time protection turns on, and if infected objects are discovered during scan, RTP denies access to them and the scanner reports them as locked.

• Unknown
    edited February 2011

Hello Boris,

Let's take them one by one:

I cannot click any video in the video library
    - unfortunately the videos are not available yet for all the languages. Please tell me in what language have you installed BitDefender?

Search Advisor not working properly
    - can you please tell me if it happens in the same way on all 3 browsers?

Usually, if you are clicking on back and then search again in happens to not work - this happens sometimes on our end and we are still investigating it. But can you please try to open a new tab or window and try a mew search?

If this is still not working please also try a new search engine and check if it is working (SA works on Google, Yahoo and Bing)

Parental Control is not configured alert
    - I have tried this on my PC and worked OK. Please make sure you are logged in with an user with Administrative privileges. Also, you can try to switch to Expert View > General module > click on Add/Edit alerts and turn off the Parental Control Alerts from this view. Then go back to Intermediate view and check if the change was kept.

Please also tell me if the setting is reset when you are closing BD, when you are switching interfaces or when you are restarting your computer.

Real-time protection turns on when starting the scan
    - this is how it supposed to work for security reasons. In this way, if you are making some changes or download some files in locations which have already been scanned the RTP will be on to protect your PC.

To be honest, I cannot understand completely where exactly you are receiving that message that the files are locked. Can you send me a screen shot please?

This should happen only if you are adding infected files in the exact location BitDefender is accessing during the scanning process. Or it could happen during a Contextual Scan.

Thank you,

Carmen

• BorisVasilev22
    edited February 2011

Videos in the video library were clickable after the installation. I haven't changed any language settings since then. Search Advisor works the same way for all the browser (basically doesn't work). For the real time protection, I turned it off and I downloaded a few files to test the Active Virus Control and the Intrusion Detection System (they did a fantastic job). After that I started a scan of the files from the right click menu. Real time protection turned back on and denied access to the viruses, and the manual scanner reported that the files could not be cleaned. After that it used on-boot cleaning to delete them. Is it supposed to work that way? For the parental control - sorry. I figured out why it's reappearing. I have selected the profile with parental control, so this issue is eliminated. thank you for your answer to my issues.

BitDefender is the best product in the market.

• Hi

Read this post. This may help you.

• BorisVasilev22
    edited February 2011

ONT, thanks for the links you're providing, but they are not helpfull. I know that disinfect performs actions described in the virus definitions, quarantine encrypts and isolates the file and delete exterminates it, but I wonder why manual scans turn on the real time protection and why on manual scanning, files get scan by both the scanner and the RTP. In my opinion this slows down both the scanning and the system.

• Hello Boris,

As my colleague Carmen mentioned: the reason why the Real Time Protection is turning itself ON during the scan is due to Security reasons. Allow me to give you an example, I am sure you will understand. If during the scan you wish to modify / infect a file already scanned then the Real Time Protection will not allow you to do that. It will basically "guard" all the files already scanned or not so nothing can interfere with the scanning process.

Regarding the file scanning with both RTP and on-demand scanning be kindly informed that we are working to reduce the scanning time and improve its quality with every new BitDefender product we release. Thank you for your feedback, it was sent to the respectful department.

Best regards,