Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Money Refund

Options

I asked this on another thread but it wasn't replied so I am opening a new thread.

Is it possible to request a money refund for Bit Defender 2011 which I bought from your website and paid with my credit card? I am not satissfied with this product and wish to uninstall it from my computer.

Thanks

Comments

• Bitdefender product before buying, you have been able to test it free for 30 days. In these 30 days you have been convinced for sure if the product meets or not your needs. The fact that you have not taken advantage offered free testing, only you are responsible.

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Bitdefender product before buying, you have been able to test it free for 30 days. In these 30 days you have been convinced for sure if the product meets or not your needs. The fact that you have not taken advantage offered free testing, only you are responsible.

You are incorrect. The Bitdefender website clearly states there is a 30 day MONEY BACK guarantee, MONEY BACK as in meaning MONEY WAS ACTUALLY HANDED OVER FOR THE PURCHASE and it can be refunded.

Moreover, I spoke with the Bitdefender people in Romania over the phone just now, and they will indeed refund the money within 24 hours to my credit card.

I suggest you post only if you know the correct answer. Guesstimations don't help anyone.

For anyone wanting to request a refund by phone, 24 hour customer support can be reached by phone on +40 316 204 235. Nice helpful chaps. Good luck with the international distance charges though. That alone will equal probably to the amount I will get refunded. Oh well.

• Math_Matei
    edited February 2011
    Options

Dear Sir, I never said that no money will be refunded. I wrote clearly that it was logical to test the product free for 30 days.

I am so happy that your money will be refunded.

Bitdefender is a company that meets our customers.

• Dear Sir, I said no money will be refunded.

Again, you are incorrect. I was told over the phone that the money WILL be refunded, so unless the person who took the call lied to me, I expect a refund within 24 hours. Whatever the result is I will come back here and post it.

I am not a new Bit Defender user which is why I TRUSTED THIS PRODUCT and installed it without trying it first. I had used many Bit Defender products in he past and had been extremely happy with them. I didn't think a trial would be necessary. BIG MISTAKE, obviously I should have tested it before. But then again, when one TRUSTS a company, that means there is IMPLICIT trust that the product will work just as good as the previous ones.

I am guessing you do test all your Bit Defender products before you buy which is a very intelligent choice from you since clearly not all their products are good, which is the case with this Internet Security 2011. You just have to read the numerous threads here to realise it has PLENTY of problems.

Good you remain a happy customer. I am no longer one.

• Sorry if I've upset you.

I am a happy user. Bitdefender used for many years, the most expensive version and I was extremely pleased every time.

I wish you continued success

• Sorry if I've upset you.

I am a happy user. Bitdefender used for many years, the most expensive version and I was extremely pleased every time.

I wish you continued success

Do not worry, you did not upset me. My comments were simply to correct the inaccurate facts regarding the money back guarantee, for the benefit of this forum and other forum users who might be looking for the same answer. I think people will benefit from knowing there is a 30 day money guarantee in place and how to go about requesting a refund.

By the way, I was a very happy user too, until 3 weeks ago, when I installed the 2011 version!!

But now I am left with a little mess here and no support: I'll have to uninstall this software, clean my system,try to bring its performance back to what it was before Bit Defender IS 2011, and what is worse, find a new product to replace it. Too bad.

• George R.
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hello iregalado,

I am sorry for the issues you encountered since upgrading to the latest version of our product. I will send you an email offering a downgrade to the previous version with additional compensations or if you confirm it, a complete refund. I hope to hear from you soon.

Have a very nice day!

George

topic closed

This discussion has been closed.