Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Internet Security 2011 Licence Key Troubles

Options

Hi,

I have installed BD Internet Security 2011 and entered the licence key but when I try to update it says the licence key is not valid. On the main screen however, it says I still have 729 days left of subscription. What could be the problem?

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive.

IMPORTANT: make sure you mask the license key if it's displayed in the screenshot !

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program -click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file and attach it to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• The first one in the screen I get when I start up the computer.

The second one is where I enter the Licence Key (it's only the second computer on which I install the program) and it says the LK is Internet Security which is the one I have installed.

The third one in where I pressed install the right version and it brings me to the dashboard where it states that I have +720 days left on my subscription.

post-49707-1299225509_thumb.jpg

post-49707-1299225517_thumb.jpg

post-49707-1299225526_thumb.jpg

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hi Eiland3,

Please send me via PM (Private Message) the license key you are trying to use to register BitDefender and a detailed description of the issue you encounter. If possible reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur.

Have you used another BitDefender product before installing 2011 or you reinstalled 2011 version ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi,

have you received my PM? Because I cannot seem to find it in my sent messages...

• Hi,

have you received my PM? Because I cannot seem to find it in my sent messages...

As a side note - by default, the forum software does NOT save a copy of sent messages in the sent folder. Next time you compose a message, look just above the Send Message button in the Options section. There you will find a checkbox to save a copy of the message in the sent folder, if that's what you want to do.

Regards,

• Hello,

The reason for the issue you encountered was because you did not activate your account once created. I have activated on your behalf therefore please repair BitDefender and the issue will be resolved.

You can check your account at:

https://myaccount.bitdefender.com

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• Hi again,

I tried repair, it didn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, still doesn't work.

When I am asked to enter the licence key, it accepts (naamloos4), but when I try registering, it says my licence key is not valid (naamloos 3).

Can you help me?

eiland3

post-49707-1299604730_thumb.jpg

post-49707-1299604739_thumb.jpg

• I am facing exactly the same problem from yesterday after I bought the software. hope to see some solutions.

Hi again,

I tried repair, it didn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, still doesn't work.

When I am asked to enter the licence key, it accepts (naamloos4), but when I try registering, it says my licence key is not valid (naamloos 3).

Can you help me?

eiland3

• Hello,

eiland3: Please check your email for further instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter together if you also agree. Ticket ID: 201103091009242.

Biju Varghese: I already answer you in the first topic where you replied. You also have another topic where you discuss the very same issue with my colleague George. For more details click HERE

• Hello Dan,

I have sent you an email with the information you requested. Could you confirm the date and time mentioned in the email?

Kind regards,

Vincent

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, replied via email. Ticket ID: 201103091009242.

Regards,

Updated: tried to connect to your PC (five times today) with the details you provided me with and I am notified that you blacklisted me. I can't perform the remote session when you prevent me from accessing your PC. If you changed your mind about the remote you can simply tell me when we start the session.

• eiland3
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Dan,

thank you for trying to help me. I don't understand why teamviewer does not let you enter. I do not have you blacklisted (as can be seen in the picture). Could it be that it didn't let you take over because the computer was not fully on?

Could you let me know when exactly you could be online so we can try again?

Thank you.

post-49707-1300910301_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

Reply sent via email to the ticket ID 201103091009242. I'll wait for a sign when you come online to continue and finish the remote session.

Yours,