Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Vista Bitdefender 2011 Installs To Blue Screen Of Death

Hi there,

I was using bit defender 2010 for the last year, and today decided to purchase and upgrade to 2011 (I purchased the total security version). I did purchase the product, no problems with that, but now that I'm trying to download and install the program I keep receiving the blue screen of death.

I have followed the instructions of uninstalling 2010 prior to attempting the instal, (I have tried twice now), but continue to receive the blue screen of death as the file finishes downloading.

I would appreciate any assisstance,

Thanks.

Comments

• Since it sounds like you don't have either version of BD installed at this point, please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take a coiuple days for them to respond.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited March 2011

Hello,

I noticed the Windows Defender running on your PC with the process:

1 MSASCui.exe C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

Please try to download the following kit file depending if you purchased BitDefender Total Security with or without Online Backup. When the download is complete, right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator". Let me know when exactly, during the Setup process, you get the BSOD screen.

Download links:

BitDefender Total Security 2011 (with Online Backup):

- 32-bits

- 64-bits

BitDefender Total Security 2011 (without Online Backup):

- 32-bits

- 64-bits

NOTE: do NOT use the option "Run/Open" when saving the installation kit file. If you already saved the file before, please select a new, different download location.

Also please provide me with the requested dump files for analysis, via email in response to the message I've sent you few minutes ago. Ticket ID: 201103261004204.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hi DanyDan,

Thankfully this round did see a full install without problems.

My meager assessment is this: the files that are available to download after purchase are not the files you linked to me in this reply. I'd follow up with the site management to ensure that the appropriate files are available for download when users attempt to instal the program.

When I had originally attempted to instal the program the first few times, the file that I was able to download off your site was simply:

bitdefender_tsecurity.exe

I did not see, and perhaps I wasn't looking in the right spot, but I was not able to see any 32/64 bit variants.

In either case, thank you for the help. I'm going to be upgrading my laptop next, so perhaps you'll hear from me again. Will these files (in this thread) work for Windows 7 too or are they restricted to vista?

Thanks,

D.M.S

• Will these files (in this thread) work for Windows 7 too or are they restricted to vista?

Thanks,

D.M.S

@itrick - Glad you were able to get a successful install of BD. :)

To answer your last question, yes, the links DanyDan posted will work on WinXP/Vista/Win7. Just be sure to pick the correct link for your architecture: 32-bit or 64-bit.

Regards,

• Hi David,

The file bitdefender_tsecurity.exe is the online installer file for BitDefender Total Security 2011. The reason why you were not able to properly install BitDefender was because of Windows Defender protection your PC Windows registry therefore BitDefender was not able to add its own registry entries.

As the case is now resolved, I have closed the ticket you had open with me and also this topic. If you have any further queries don't hesitate to open a new topic, explain the situation there and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.