Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Strange Advertise In My Desktop

Options

Hello to all, i hope you are ok!

Yesterday, suddenly when i connected to the internet a strange advertisement appeared on my desktop!

I can't close it and i can't find its process. The only thing that i've noticed is a new task called Navigate Complete that appears in Task Manager.

I have attached the image in this message and you can see what about.

I have Windows XP and Bitdefender Total Security 2011. Both of these are working ok but i have this annoyed image on my desktop.

I need your help!!!

P.S. When i am clicking on Show Desktop it disappears but when i will open a window it comes again.

Comments

• Hello to all, i hope you are ok!

Yesterday, suddenly when i connected to the internet a strange advertisement appeared on my desktop!

I can't close it and i can't find its process. The only thing that i've noticed is a new task called Navigate Complete that appears in Task Manager.

I have attached the image in this message and you can see what about.

I have Windows XP and Bitdefender Total Security 2011. Both of these are working ok but i have this annoyed image on my desktop.

I need your help!!!

P.S. When i am clicking on Show Desktop it disappears but when i will open a window it comes again.

I forgot to attach the image!!! problem.jpg

• Having the same problem!

Logged onto my pc 30 minutes ago. Seems to be a new problem which just recently occurred. I forgot to uptate yesterday and did it just after logging in and maybe its the uptate. Hopefully the next one will fix it, but if anyone know why this is happening then please tell us.

• Hi all,

From the screenshot attached by nikpony, I can see that the trial version has expired. If you have a valid license key, you will need to:

-> Open your installed product

-> Click on 'License Info' button

-> Enter your license key

-> Click on 'Register Now' button

-> Enter the key you have

For more information on the registration process please read:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#675

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#714

In case you have registered your BitDefender with a good key, please send me a PM with it and I will check it's validity.

Thank you!

• Hi all,

From the screenshot attached by nikpony, I can see that the trial version has expired. If you have a valid license key, you will need to:

-> Open your installed product

-> Click on 'License Info' button

-> Enter your license key

-> Click on 'Register Now' button

-> Enter the key you have

For more information on the registration process please read:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#675

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#714

In case you have registered your BitDefender with a good key, please send me a PM with it and I will check it's validity.

Thank you!

Hi Mihaela,

I got the same problem: a pop-up windows "For all Facebook users out there: are you protected?" With a 20% discount for whatever bitdefender feature.

When I click on the upper-right corner (closing button), it will trigger opening of an advertisement from your server (Bitdefender) on my web browser. Very annoying, since I never ever had a window which I cannot close in Windows....

I used the 30 days trial version, and I introduced the registration #, but the window does not go away. Yes I have to restart the laptop, but that is already a type of advertisement I would not do even for trial versions that are still in trial time... it is bad taste in my opinion.

I am legal user of 3 licences for Bit defender Antivirus 2011. I had some problems, and in the end I installed the 2012 Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 instead. After having that advertisement splashed on my screen I entered the registration #, as I said.

If you explain me how, I can give you my name and the registration # (I have to admit that I don't know what a PM is)

Thanks,

Chris

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Could you lease post a screenshot here?

Thank you.

• Hi chris,

pm means private message,please login to forum clik private message what ever message will sent through PM it will only deliver to that particular person. where yours confidential information will remain secure .

• I'm also a trial user. I was seriously considering buying Bitdefender for myself and my office, until today. I mean daily annoying popups during a trial period I can forgive. But an advertisement for complete different product is ridiculous. But not being able to close the window is unacceptable.

Seriously, this thing has been sitting in the corner of my screen for the last 15 minutes. Pressing the X just opens the advertisement in my web browser. Apparently someone reported this problem a month ago and it's not fixed, either. Great job guys. Time to uninstall Bitdefender.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Could you please post here a screenshot so I can take a look?

Thank you.