Can't Uninstall

skarden
edited April 2011 in Installation

hi, i can't unninstall bitdefender ts 2011

tried to uninstall normally = fail

can't delete the files manually cause they're blocked i even try to delete them using unlocker and i couldn't, and the removal tool doesn't work too.

the files are all still there...and im freakin out

also it can't connect to the internet

plz help

Comments

• Luka2
    edited April 2011
    hi, i can't unninstall bitdefender ts 2011

can't delete the files manually cause they're blocked i even try to delete them using unlocker and i couldn't, and the removal tool doesn't work too.

the files are all still there...and im freakin out

also it can't connect to the internet

plz help

Download Revo Uninstaller and then try to uninstall. When he ask you for Restart press Restart Later, then Scan in Revo and delete all. After that restart PC!

Download Revo Uninstaller from here: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller-...4-75016166.html

Hope I help

Luka1

• Use the BitDefender Uninstall Tool and follow the steps given HERE.

Be sure to reboot your PC where instructed to do so in the procedure. This is very important as the reboot completes the uninstall process.

Regards,

• skarden
    edited April 2011

so... tryed revo, but is was to slow, so i tryed to delete just a couple files to see if it worked, reboot and they were still there :/

also forgot to tell, i tryed to delete the files using the windows command...also didn't work

never had any problem like this

• Hello Skarden,

Please clarify the following for me:

- what you mean by Fail ? Can you post more details and a screenshot of any error message you may receive ?

Also post info about your Operating System and the PC you are using. Note that BitDefender is protecting its files so you will not be able to remove them manually without removing/disable BitDefender completely.

Last but not least, you should keep in mind to use the option "Run as Administrator" if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 when running the Uninstall tool. Also I highly recommend you NOT TO run/open the file directly, save it first on a location of your choice then open it.

Please follow the steps below and send me via PM (Private Message) the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,