Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Missing System Tray Icon

Options

Hi everyone,

I am running Bitdefender Total Security and recently on some system startups the system tray icon disappears when i move my mouse cursor on it. Also the 'bdagent.exe' process is not running when I check it in the task manager.

Even sometimes it goes to the extend of not loading 'bdagent.exe' itself. The system works but no notifications are sent to me.

I Google'd it and found that many people are facing the same problem since Total Security 2009 product.

Any anyone throw some light to fix this problem? As of now i have not reinstalled the product but I don't think that's the solution.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

What are your PC details ? Please post them below:

- what Operating System;

- what architecture (32-bits / 64-bits);

- how much RAM;

- the processor;

- the icon disappear ONLY if you move the mouse cursor over ?

Indeed this was a known issue in 2009 however it became quite rare with the 2010 and even more with the 2011 version of BitDefender. Without the details above I can't provide you with an accurate resolution.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello DanyDan

Here are my PC details which you asked for.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40GHz) Processor

6 GB of DDR2 SDRAM

And no sometimes it does get removed when I move my mouse pointer on it. Rest of the time it disappears all by its own and sometime its not loaded at all. I did full virus scan and found no inconsistency in my PC. However I did some workaround and seems its working now... though I don't think that's a solution; but here's what i did. I placed a shortcut to bdagent.exe in the startup folder and also left the registry in HKEY_....Run key as it is. Now its getting loaded and remains throughout my windows session. Though I reboot my PC very infrequently so not sure if its fixed. I'll keep this thread updated on it...

Hello,

What are your PC details ? Please post them below:

- what Operating System;

- what architecture (32-bits / 64-bits);

- how much RAM;

- the processor;

- the icon disappear ONLY if you move the mouse cursor over ?

Indeed this was a known issue in 2009 however it became quite rare with the 2010 and even more with the 2011 version of BitDefender. Without the details above I can't provide you with an accurate resolution.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Normally you should have an entry in Windows start-up for Bdagent.exe:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\bdagent.exe with the registry key:

HKLocal Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I would recommend you to repair BitDefender as explained below and let me know if the issue persist:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

• Hi Danny

Seems the repair thing worked a bit I removed the shortcut from the startup and still it loaded the tray icon. Though I'll have to check a couple of times later if it still works. I'll keep you informed but for now I think its working...

Thanks a lot once again.

Hi,

Normally you should have an entry in Windows start-up for Bdagent.exe:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\bdagent.exe with the registry key:

HKLocal Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I would recommend you to repair BitDefender as explained below and let me know if the issue persist:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

You're welcome! Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

• Hi Danny

I wish to confirm that the problem has been solved and I didn't get a single instance of the tray Icon missing. Thanks to Bitdefender Team for an awesome product. It surpasses everyone by far. Keep up the good work and god help.

Regards

Isaac Ramthal.

Hi,

You're welcome! Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hey Isaac,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Case resolved, topic closed.

Always a pleasure to help :)

This discussion has been closed.