Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2011 Failed To Start After Installation

After installation BD2011 dosent start, when i start it manually i get this error msg

"C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011/bdagent.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Comments

• Hello,

Have you used another BitDefender version before installing 2011 ? Reproduce the steps you took to install 2011.

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• yes i have used BD2009. also i tried BD2009 now it does the same error.

i have sent you PM as you asked. if u dont have the PM let me know i'll send it again.

• Hello,

I haven't received any PM from you fzvirus. Can you send it again ? You used 2009, can you tell me how you uninstalled it ? Did you do it before installing 2011 or you performed the 2011 install over (replacing) the 2009 ?