Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2012 Beta And License From Bitdefender Av Or Internet Security

Hello

I wanted to ask if I install BitDefender Total Security Beta 2012 and have only a License for BitDefender Antivirus or Internet Security will the license work for example just reduced with the extra features of total security?

I can not find any Beta of BitDefender Antivirus 2012 or Internet security 2012 - there is only a Total Security Beta 2012 (http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/beta/).

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011

Hi zxw.

During the beta test period, BitDefender 2012 is free to try.

Only BitDefender Total Security Beta 2012 is available in this period because is allot easier to test all the features. :)

For more details, please click here:

http://beta2012.bitdefender.com/

• I'm going to install it.

I use Outpost firewall cause of the great log viewer to see in/outgoing url's (resolved full domain paths) from webbrowser and application. Lets hope It will work together if I disable one firewall.

I tested so many AV's in the last 10 years and always come back to BitDefender, it is the best especially the low false positive rate compared to others.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the info.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please do not use BitDefender 2012 on your current PC. It only for Testing Purposes.

• About possible bugs I'm not worry. I have nearly all software on this PC in Beta stage running include the web browsers.

• Hello zxw,

You are welcome to try the BitDefender 2012 Beta, however you will be able to register with the purchased license key only after the final version is released. As always, existing customers will have the option of upgrading to the latest edition free of charge :)

Any feedback you might have regarding your experience with the beta software is equally welcomed.

• Hi,

how can I upgrade to the IS 2012 version using current 2011 key? Do I have to uninstall BD2011 and download 2012 trial?

Thanks,

• Hi,

how can I upgrade to the IS 2012 version using current 2011 key? Do I have to uninstall BD2011 and download 2012 trial?

Thanks,

Easy. I upgraded from BDAV Pro 2011 to BDAV Plus 2012 on my Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit laptop with no problem. You can upgrade from any previous BD product to the comparible 2012 product. Make sure you have a copy of your current, valid BD license key as you will be asked to manually enter it during the installation process of BD 2012.

These are the steps I followed which I recommend:

1. Run the BD Uninstall Tool to remove any previous version of BD. Reboot the PC.

2. Uninstall any and all other security programs (Malwarebytes, in my case). Reboot the PC. (Note: Windows Defender cannot be uninstalled, only turned off).

3. Run CCleaner to remove any left over files.

4. Run CCleaner Registry cleaner to remove any left over entries. Allow it to save a backup when prompted. Reboot the PC.

5. Download the full file English version of BDIS 2012 32-bit or 64-bit.

6. Right-click on the saved installation file and selected Run as Administrator.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

8. During the installation process, a screen will be displayed allowing you to either select to install as a Trial version, or to enter your current valid license key. Enter your current license key.

9. After the installation completes, reboot the PC.

Regards,

• Thank you for your support.

Regards,

• Thank you for your support.

Regards,

You're welcome. :)

Please start a new topic in the 2012 forum if you have any issues performing the upgrade.

Regards,

• Hi,

Glad to see the issue is resolved. If you have any further queries related to the 2012 products, please create a new topic in the associated forum category.

Topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.