Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[duplicate]Antimalware & Bd Security Services Using Cpu Cycles 100% Of The Time

Options

Is it normal for these 2 services to always be using anywhere from 7% to 30% cpu usage?

BD 2011 never did this but since I installed 2012, it is.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I don't think so. I see 3 BD processes running on my Win7 x74 PC taking very little CPU.

post-35640-1311897949_thumb.jpg

Do you have any other security programs installed? The BD2012 installation process should have found and warned you about any others, but thought I would ask anyway.

I have BDAV Plus installed, which product are you using?

Regards,

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    Options

It only wanted me to uninstall malwarebytes. It seems to be ok with MS Security Essentials.

BD IS 2012 has 4 processes running.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi L.o.D.

Please note that running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for BitDefender 2012 to work properly.

[How to manually uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2483120

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    Options

So you are saying that even though BD 2010 worked flawlessly with MSE, 2012 cannot?

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    Options

Ok, 3 days and no answer to my question?

I uninstalled MSE & the issue persists.

The BD security service is ALWAYS using several cpu cycles when the APP is sitting idle.

I need to get this fixed.

• Hello,

This topic is a duplicate. Furthermore, L.o.D please note that according to the last longs you've sent me, Windows Family Safety was still installed on the PC. Check your original topic along with your inbox for further instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.