Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2012 Not Compatible With Comodo Firewall

Options

Anyone else having this issue? I used Comodo Firewall with the 2011 AV Pro trial with no issues. On uninstalling and installing 2012, suddenly every executable crashes on opening (including explorer and loginUI). Starting in safe mode and uninstalling BitDefender then fixed this. This process is entirely repeatable on this computer, but if I uninstall Comodo and then install BitDefender, the problem is fixed. Is there any way I can get Comodo working with BitDefender? For the moment I've given up and went back to Windows Firewall.

System in question: Dell Optiplex 745, Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, Windows 7 32-bit Pro. Firewall was the latest Comodo freeware firewall.

Comments

• Perhaps this problem has something to do with this problem...

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27835

in that BD AV is trying to control firewalls????

• 7mm
    Options
    Anyone else having this issue? I used Comodo Firewall with the 2011 AV Pro trial with no issues. On uninstalling and installing 2012, suddenly every executable crashes on opening (including explorer and loginUI). Starting in safe mode and uninstalling BitDefender then fixed this. This process is entirely repeatable on this computer, but if I uninstall Comodo and then install BitDefender, the problem is fixed. Is there any way I can get Comodo working with BitDefender? For the moment I've given up and went back to Windows Firewall.

System in question: Dell Optiplex 745, Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, Windows 7 32-bit Pro. Firewall was the latest Comodo freeware firewall.

Sure I agree with this one. And I ended up replacing with PC Tools Firewall. Now it works just fine, here's my POST about the similar problem. Hope you get fix for your problem.

• Anyone else having this issue? I used Comodo Firewall with the 2011 AV Pro trial with no issues. On uninstalling and installing 2012, suddenly every executable crashes on opening (including explorer and loginUI). Starting in safe mode and uninstalling BitDefender then fixed this. This process is entirely repeatable on this computer...

I have exactly the same issue. :(

I was hoping they would solve this issue. Perhaps anyone from BitDefender can comment?

If they are not able to sort this, I think I will need to revert to 2011 until my licence runs out, and then look for other product. With the new pricing, BitDefender isn't much cheaper than for example Kaspersky anyway...

• Hello,

We had this issue reported for the 2011 version and was fixed. I will escalate it for 2012 version as soon as I will have your answer in response to the tickets I've created for everyone who posted here, as follows:

Brandon Stepp: 201108121001457;

Timfarrant: Please read my reply to that topic HERE

7mm: Do you also wish to get a ticket created regarding the Comodo Firewall compatibility issue ? Please let me know and I'll create it for you. Otherwise, you will read the announcement of the fix, when it will be release.

Birkis: 201108121001556;

I will contact you via email if any other info are required. Please reply with the requested log files via email. Thank you!

Kind regards,

• Hello,

We had this issue reported for the 2011 version and was fixed. I will escalate it for 2012 version as soon as I will have your answer in response to the tickets I've created for everyone who posted here, as follows:

Brandon Stepp: 201108121001457;

Timfarrant: Please read my reply to that topic HERE

7mm: Do you also wish to get a ticket created regarding the Comodo Firewall compatibility issue ? Please let me know and I'll create it for you. Otherwise, you will read the announcement of the fix, when it will be release.

Birkis: 201108121001556;

I will contact you via email if any other info are required. Please reply with the requested log files via email. Thank you!

Kind regards,

I have the same problem, took me a while with trouble shooting before I found out that bitdefender crashed because fo Comodo Firewall. I like Comodo so I hope there will be a fix soon.

• I am having the same problem. I have been very satisfied with the combination of previous versions of the products so I find this most disapointing. Is there any eta on the fix?

• Any news, will there be a fix soon?

• churlock
    edited September 2011
    Options

I wish I had read this post before I "upgraded" from 2010 to 2012 AV. I use comodo too, and it became a complete disaster installing 2012. First indication no apps would run. Took 5 mins just to logoff for a restart. Had to remove in safe mode. So, why has it taken so long w/o a solution?? I bet there's a bunch of po'd folks out there that don't know about these forums. Thankfully, a google search with comodo and bitdefender found this. Anyway, back to 2010 (I hope)

• I was fighting with this issue as well when trying to upgrade but I've just kept my workstations on the 2011 version which works with Comodo Firewall.

In my dealings with support they offered me a free upgrade to the Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, which includes a firewall module as compensation for my troubles. I was willing to try this as it solves the problem for me and hey if I like the product the next time my license is up for renewal I'd simply buy the higher priced product. Problem I'm ticked with now is that I agreed to this 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them regarding my upgrade, even sent a reminder to them 12 days ago and now another 2 minutes ago.

Mark

• I think there should be news from bitdefender support team. I paid for bitdefender but have not been able to use it, so I am about to ask for my money back.

• ok, I sent email to customer service on 3 Sep requesting options on my recent order for 2012 (e.g., credit my 2010 subscription), but no reply. Sent email today simply requesting a refund. Reading other posts here, I may be out of luck. We'll see. I think they may be in deep dodo.........

• try to disable defense+ of comodo and only use the firewall.

• try to disable defense+ of comodo and only use the firewall.

Tried this, didn't work.

Mark.

• Hi,

Everyone is using the same version of Comodo ? Have any of you tried to install the latest version they have available (Comodo v5.8 RC) to see if the issue still persist ?

You can download it HERE.

IMPORTANT: make sure that during the installation you select just the Firewall module to be installed.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi,

Everyone is using the same version of Comodo ? Have any of you tried to install the latest version they have available (Comodo v5.8 RC) to see if the issue still persist ?

IMPORTANT: make sure that during the installation you select just the Firewall module to be installed.

I'm working with the latest officially release version. Since this is still RC (Release Candidate) I have yet to install this. Once it's official release I will upgrade.

Mark

• Hi,

However, I had problems even with this version of Comodo firewall. After its installation,which required restart,my system even failed to start(error messages appeared after logging into Windows)...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

This firewall has some HIPS features like: Default Deny Protection™, Prevention-based security, Auto Sandbox Technology™, etc.

Comodo's Execution Control is interfering with Bitdefender's Active Virus Control.

There is a workaround:

- install Bitdefender 2012 on that machine:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

- install Comodo Firewall without Defence+(from their kit select only the firewall module and uncheck all the other things) and do not reboot your machine.

- add all Bitdefender files/applications to Comodo's Execution Control exclusions list(it actually has this option).

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012

- reboot your machine and all should run smoothly.

Thank you.

• Hello

I have some questions about the configuration of BIS 2012 and Comodo Firewall after the installation. I absolutely followed your instructions, the installation was successful, the both programs run smoothly, without any significant interactions between them or but some issues arose. You mentioned in your last post that Bitdefender's AVC interferes with Comodo's Defence+ module. After system reboot the Defence+ module of Comodo is disabled(?), it is possible to change this status to paranoid mode or safe mode, but after the next reboot it again changes to "disabled". I also disabled the BIS 2012 Firewall(because I think that this one of Comodo is good enough),only IDS on . Everything is fine until the next restart of the system, when these settings return to their previous states(btw this problem has occurred several times much before the installation of Comodo and the only solution was reinstall of BIS 2012, but this is another case intended for another topic). Please give me an advice how to configure the both programs properly! Should I disable AVC if I want to rely on Defence+ or the opposite?

Regards

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Those settings are designed for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 + Comodo Firewall.

If you have Bitdefender Internet Security 2012(even with the firewall turned off), our drivers still load in the memory causing a firewall conflict with the other software.

I've tested those settings on some machines(both physical and virtual) and everything runs in parameters.

Thank you.

• I have the same trouble, now i come back to antivirus 2011. The official should take action to resolve this problem.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi David.

Welcome to our email.

Our official response regarding this issue has been posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=126072

Thank you.

• Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

This firewall has some HIPS features like: Default Deny Protection™, Prevention-based security, Auto Sandbox Technology™, etc.

Comodo's Execution Control is interfering with Bitdefender's Active Virus Control.

There is a workaround:

- install Bitdefender 2012 on that machine:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

- install Comodo Firewall without Defence+(from their kit select only the firewall module and uncheck all the other things) and do not reboot your machine.

- add all Bitdefender files/applications to Comodo's Execution Control exclusions list(it actually has this option).

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012

- reboot your machine and all should run smoothly.

Thank you.

cool the reboot helped me with this :rolleyes:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome to our forums.

Let me know if you have other questions regarding this combination of software(Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 and that firewall).

Take care.

• Well, darn. I was going to switch to Bitdefender AV after reading all the glowing reviews. I removed Avira, then ran the Bitdefender installation. It won't let me install Bitdefender until I remove Comodo (firewall ONLY). It won't let me get past that step. At all.

So, am I going to remove my stable and effective Comodo firewall to test a new Bitdefender installation? No, I'm not.

Bitdefender, you folks need to figure out how to let me and others ignore our existing software and go ahead and do the Bitdefender installation.

Until then, assuming it ever happens, I guess I'll continue to run Avira. Too bad, because my license renewal comes up in 30 days.

• tsmith35
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well, darn. I was going to switch to Bitdefender AV after reading all the glowing reviews. I removed Avira, then ran the Bitdefender installation. It won't let me install Bitdefender until I remove Comodo (firewall ONLY). It won't let me get past that step. At all.

Well, I got around the silly limitation by extracting the installer files, editing an xml file, updating the md5 value, then running the installer. Worked great: Bitdefender totally ignored Comodo during the install. :)

Anyway, I ran Bitdefender a couple hours and discovered a huge limitation: there is no way to disable real-time scanning! It's like Bitdefender has gone from a capable AV to a "no child left behind" AV. Everything is dumbed down and super simplified, leaving an AV with very little user control capability. Yikes.

Well, I guess that's what the trial is for. The interface looks really sharp, and BD is supposed to be a quite capable AV, but the lack of control is deplorable. I can't imagine why BD didn't provide an expert mode for capable users. Strange.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

You can disable the protection by setting On Access Scanner to off and Active Virus Control to off, but remember that in that moment, your computer is vulnerable.

Our official answer was posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=126072

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.