Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti-virus Scanning

Options

Why was scheduled scanning removed?

My AV has not ran a scan since install 8 days ago. This is just not acceptable in this day & age, especially for a paid product.

I am sure I am not the only one to feel this way.

On-access scanning is not enough.

Comments

• L.o.D.
    Options

Why is it hard to answer a simple question?

There are many people wondering about this from what I can gather here.

• AJUK
    edited August 2011
    Options

You are correct in that on-access scanning is not enough in today's information security climate.

It's my feeling that BD have removed this feature in favour of "Auto scan", if that's the case then they need to give more information about "Auto scan"; exactly what it does and when.

If a satisfactory answer cannot be given regarding this issue then it will be time to take my custom to ESET.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Auto scan is terrible since we cannot control when it runs. It seems to take over a week before it does run a scan which is not very secure.

It's been 11 days now since install & it has yet to run a scan.

Well, the last 2 days I have had it disabled since BD IS doesn't like my Bell dsl connection & likes to slowly murder it.

• Hello,

You are both missing the point in the new BitDefender 2012 architecture. You have:

Bitdefender protects your computer from all kinds of malware (viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits and so on). The protection Bitdefender offers is divided into two categories:

On-access scanning - prevents new malware threats from entering your system. BitDefender will, for example, scan a word document for known threats when you open it, and an e-mail message when you receive one.

On-access scanning ensures real-time protection against malware, being an essential component of any computer security program.

On-demand scanning - allows detecting and removing the malware that already resides in the system. This is the classic scan initiated by the user - you choose what drive, folder or file Bitdefender should scan, and Bitdefender scans it - on-demand.

With Auto Scan turned on, there is hardly any need to manually run scans for malware. Auto Scan will scan your computer over and over again, taking appropriate actions when malware is detected. Auto Scan runs only when enough system resources are available so as not to slow down the computer.

Auto Scan

Auto Scan is a light on-demand scan that silently scans all your data for malware and takes the appropriate actions for any infections found. Auto Scan finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system.

Benefits of using Auto Scan:

It has close to zero impact on the system.

By pre-scanning the entire hard-disk, future on-demand tasks will be completed extremely fast.

On-access scanning will also take significantly less time.

Regarding the scheduled scan option, I will be glad to escalate your feature request however, this won't be done until you post it in the correct forum category. Once the topic will be created, I will create the necessary tickets and escalate it for approval.

Regards,

• Hello,

You are both missing the point in the new BitDefender 2012 architecture. You have:

Regarding the scheduled scan option, I will be glad to escalate your feature request however, this won't be done until you post it in the correct forum category. Once the topic will be created, I will create the necessary tickets and escalate it for approval.

Regards,

NO DAN! You are missing the point that your application is identifying an "Issue" every 8 days because my spouse hasn't run a MANUAL SCAN of her computer! With previous BD products I could set a scheduled scan to occur every night and no issues would be displayed (unless a virus was found), my wife didn't get irritated by a "Security Issue" on her computer and I was happy. Now I am NOT HAPPY! Now I have to MANUALLY activate a scan on the computer EVERY WEEK so that BD2012 doesn't identify a problem to be resolved. I've been using your product for a long time but I'm ready to go back to ZoneAlarm or something else now!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

The described situation should be fixed by the latest product update delivered yesterday.

Please update your current build.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry124814

Thank you.