Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2012 + Gameguard

Options

Hi,

I have this typical problem running any application with Gameguard from nprotect. Its a client/hack modification detection tool and is required to allowed to be run. While my problem specifically addresses Win 7 32 bit the same runs well in 64 bit Win 7.

The issue with gameguard is that the gameguard.mon and gameguard.des files access the internet upon start and should be given access. Problem is that even after adding rules to the firewall and switching 'Antivirus Control' off the files are not given access to the internet thus the application fails to load. Also I found a typical problem that after turning the antivirus control off. My computer restarted each time I ran the application.

Any advice on how to fix the problem?

Regards

LoneWOLFs

Comments

• lonewolfs
    Options

No reply yet I am in the wrong section or something?

• Your topic title says '2012' but you started the topic in the '2011' forum. If you really have BD '2012' installed, post back and I will move your topic.

Regards,

• lonewolfs
    Options

Oh sorry didn't see that... my mistake.

• Oh sorry didn't see that... my mistake.

Which? That the title is wrong or that the topic is in the wrong forum? I'm not clear which one is the mistake.

Regards,

• lonewolfs
    Options

Its in wrong category... it should have been in Bitdefender 2012 Products.

• I will move the topic to the 2012 Firewall forum. :)

Regards,

• Hello,

Do you have any other security solutions installed ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender ? Does the issue still occurs if you disable Firewall or the game can connect without a problem ?

Please explain what you mean by:

Also I found a typical problem that after turning the antivirus control off. My computer restarted each time I ran the application.

- what are you referring to when you mention "antivirus control" ? Reproduce the steps you take for the issue to occur.

Is Gameguard a standalone software or it is installed with a certain game ?

Do you have IDS enabled under Firewall ?

• lonewolfs
    Options

Sorry for late reply. I had Bitdefender Total Security 2011 installed before i installed the 2012 version of the same. And no danny the issues doesn't get solved even after i disabled Antivirus and Firewall. The Gameguard is installed with Lineage II game an MMORPG from www.lineage2.com. I had to remove the suite for the game to start correctly. Although the same works perfectly find in my 64 bit system. I also tried to clone the setting as they are in the 64 bit system but didn't help.

• Sorry for late reply. I had Bitdefender Total Security 2011 installed before i installed the 2012 version of the same. And no danny the issues doesn't get solved even after i disabled Antivirus and Firewall. The Gameguard is installed with Lineage II game an MMORPG from www.lineage2.com. I had to remove the suite for the game to start correctly. Although the same works perfectly find in my 64 bit system. I also tried to clone the setting as they are in the 64 bit system but didn't help.

I have also the same problem, I cant play SF online games from from gameclub.com.ph, Gameguard was able to update, even I tried disabling the firewall and antivirus. But when I uninstall BD 2012, I can play SF (Special Force). I cant find any report from the BD that the gameguard was block even I tried including in the whitelist, still cant update the gameguard.

Any solutions from the moderators?

• I have also the same problem, I cant play SF online games from from gameclub.com.ph, Gameguard was able to update, even I tried disabling the firewall and antivirus. But when I uninstall BD 2012, I can play SF (Special Force). I cant find any report from the BD that the gameguard was block even I tried including in the whitelist, still cant update the gameguard.

Any solutions from the moderators?

Now I was forced to use AVIRA Security Suite, since Technical Experts doesnot seem to bother anymore. Now I can play online using AVIRA. I suggest that the Technical Expert should try to play online like SF(Special force from http://sf.ph.gameclub.com) and see whats the problem with BD 2012.

Any one experiencing the same problem?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a nice day.

• Is this problem solved now?

This problem was solved in BITDEFENDER 2011.

Why does it appear in BITDEFENDER 2012 again?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello and welcome to our forums.

Please tell me, do you have a 32 bit operating system?

I am not able to reproduce this on Windows 7 X64.

Thank you.

• Hello and welcome to our forums.

Please tell me, do you have a 32 bit operating system?

I am not able to reproduce this on Windows 7 X64.

Thank you.

I apologize for my poor english first.

I use Windows 7 X64(traditional chinese version),too.

In your lastest traditional chinese version,this problem is still there.(http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/zh-tw/bitdefender_isecurity.exe)

Get the game(http://sd.wasabii.com.tw/SD_Download/SD_Setup_20111014.zip.torrent),and see if you can see the login screen.

When i install Bitdefender internet-security 2012,the nprotect gameguard crashes everytime.

I just can't tell you this problem is caused by yuor firewall or anitvirus,but it is surely caused by Bitdefender internet-security 2012.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Have you tried to create exclusions for the game?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Thank you.

• Hello

Have you tried to create exclusions for the game?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Thank you.

Yes,your firwall add them automatically.

Those rule allow everythins,but the gameguard crashes everytime.

and this program 'Sony Ericsson PC Companion 2.0' crashes everytime,too.

• linczs2000
    edited December 2011
    Options

Maybe it is a problem of asian characters.

Set the system locale (language for non-Unicode programs) to Chinese or Japanese and try.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

What build do you have installed on your machine?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

Thank you.

• (http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/zh-tw/bitdefender_isecurity.exe)<<This is what I install

But I can't tell you what version it is,because I had uninstalled 2012 and reinstaledl 2011.

Maybe the problem is between gamemon.des and your antivirus.

In 2011 I get the chance to allow it or deny it.

But in 2012 it just crashes.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

So now you have Bitdefender 2012 installed on your machine, right?

I don't think the issue is with the asian characters.

Have you tried to set Active Virus Control To Permissive?

Thank you.

• linczs2000
    edited December 2011
    Options

I re-install BIS2012,this is it's version

gbiv3.png

I need too turn off the both red circles to let the gameguard to run. In BIS2011 I can add file to let it pass the check in the lower circle,but I can't add any files in BIS2012.

pPhO2.png

I can't add any file type here except the *.exe,but I can add any type of file here in BIS2011

KdCZf.png

The problem should be the gamemon.des

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

I will test some things and get back to you ASAP.

Thank you.

• I have the same problem! Impossible to play games with gameguard even putting the game as an exception rule! Any solution!?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

I can tell you that this issue was resolved on December 2 via Automatic Updates.

For now, the update is available only for the US an GB version of Bitdefender.

Please check out this topic for further references:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=129071

Thank you.

• My product is bitdefender total security 2012 and the language is portuguese. No solution of my problem then! This product have a lot of problem with online game! Spent money and I have to uninstall the bitdefender by the way until you find a solution! if they have a one!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hi Luiz :)

Until the update is released for your language could you please install the English version?

You have all the details here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Your cooperation on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Hello

I can tell you that this issue was resolved on December 2 via Automatic Updates.

Thank you.

Hello Cristi B.

I can tell you that it has not been resolved :

Clean install + update

Running on:

Machine 1

Win7 x64

BD2011TS x64

Excluded the whole folder in antivirus tab

Added rules for all related processes ( gamemon.des + gameguard.des + l2.bin + NCLauncher.exe )

Rebooted

---> error

Machine 2

Win XP x32

BD2011TS x32

Excluded the whole folder in antivirus tab

Added rules for all related processes ( gamemon.des + gameguard.des + l2.bin + NCLauncher.exe )

Rebooted

-->Error

Any tips ?

Kind Regards

• rootkit
    Options

Hi WaverWreck and welcome to our forums.

When I posted that announcement, I was talking about Bitdefender 2012, not 2011.

Could you please upgrade to the new version?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=226&id=42

Thank you.

• Hi WaverWreck and welcome to our forums.

When I posted that announcement, I was talking about Bitdefender 2012, not 2011.

Could you please upgrade to the new version?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=226&id=42

Thank you.

Hello Cristi B.

Thank you for the welcoming.

I do still have one question, the link you gave me to upgrade to 2012 has 1 link for TS 2012 but doesn't state if it is x64 or x32 package.

Where can i get the x64 version please ?

Kind regards.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

The online installation kit is compatible with both architectures.

You can use it on Windows 32 bit or 64 bit.

Thank you.

• Oh boy

Did all that - switched to BD2012TS(en) + updated - and i got to the problem lincsz2001 had - complete crash of the game -

" Runtime Error!

Program: l2.bin

R6025

-pure virtual function call "

The whole directory was on exclusion from virus check

Rules in place for all the above mentioned - gamemon.des + gameguard.des + l2.bin + NCLauncher.exe

It seemed that the game was corrupted but i gave it a go and uninstalled the whole BD suite.

I am now in the actual game.

I am not that passionate about this game in particular but NCsoft is the publisher for a few other games and some of them are due to come out and i am guessing that they will keep on using gameguard as cheat-control rendering the issue, of sorting things out, a must.

Any ideas Cristi B. ?

• Forgot to attach this print screen.

post-83986-1323299038_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

I will ask you just to be sure.

After these installation of Bitdefender 2012, did you run a manual update from the main interface?

I am telling you this because the update for Active Virus Control is installed via Update and not during the installation of the product.

Thank you.

• Welcome back

After these installation of Bitdefender 2012, did you run a manual update from the main interface?

I am telling you this because the update for Active Virus Control is installed via Update and not during the installation of the product.

Thank you.

Yes i did it from here :

post-83986-1323302205_thumb.jpg

• Welcome back

Thank you.

I need some help on this topic.

The game i play that is using gameguard is called Sudden Attack. It worked on the previous version of Bitdefender and now it keeps popping out an error code 114 which says system failed to prevent an illegal program from initializing.

I tried updating, reinstalling and all that but it still doesn't work

other than that, I am not sure if my Steam problem is linked bitdefender because my Steam game seems to be having a problem finding servers since the start of my holidays.

• Welcome back

Thank you.

I need some help on this topic.

The game i play that is using gameguard is called Sudden Attack. It worked on the previous version of Bitdefender and now it keeps popping out an error code 114 which says system failed to prevent an illegal program from initializing.

I tried updating, reinstalling and all that but it still doesn't work

other than that, I am not sure if my Steam problem is linked bitdefender because my Steam game seems to be having a problem finding servers since the start of my holidays.

• GameTroublePlsHelp:

I don't know how u managed to double post 1h37m apart.

Just installed Steam Client itself and can open it with no problem ( Didn't try any games so far ) but it seems to be working ok.

• Hi WaverWreck,

The steam client itself works but the game keeps saying requires steam beta to be running to find server.

The Steam game I'm talking about is Team Fortress 2, which worked before my holidays.

Not sure if bitdefender got anything to do about it, but I'm just asking to confirm.

Also it double post because i tried to post the first time and i refreshed the page, but the post seem to disappear, so i posted the 2nd time.

• Any news ??

• I think they are trying to solve the problem which seems to be a real problem to them.

Also, my holiday seems to go wrong in so many ways.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello guys :)

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to "Prompt me before downloading updates". When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

4. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

5. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

6. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safe Mode;

7. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer! Take care.

• Sry Chris

I am working right now and its gonna be a while till i get home. Ill do all of that asap and let you know what happens.

KR

• Hey Chris

Yes, that solves the problem for now but the question now is :

When can i get back to default settings ? When will the update incorporate the solution found in initial version of BD2012TS ?

Waiting for an answer

Kind regards.

• Emmm.... how to perform the update when there isn't a newer update?

• Emmm.... how to perform the update when there isn't a newer update?

If u follow the steps, that resets the software to the initial version before any PRODUCT updates were installed on it.

You will still install Virus Signatures ( you will get a prompt window asking you if u want to install 2 things - virus signatures and product update - out of which u choose the first ), meaning that newer threats will be handled properly.

• If u follow the steps, that resets the software to the initial version before any PRODUCT updates were installed on it.

You will still install Virus Signatures ( you will get a prompt window asking you if u want to install 2 things - virus signatures and product update - out of which u choose the first ), meaning that newer threats will be handled properly.

But if it doesn't perform an update after checking the box next to "Prompt before downloading", should I skip that step or what?

or is it because I use Antivirus Total?

• But if it doesn't perform an update after checking the box next to "Prompt before downloading", should I skip that step or what?

If there is any latest updates released then definitely it will update and if you don't check the box,the it will not automatically update,you have to update it manually

• rootkit
    Options

Hi guys :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Since the initial feedback is positive, I will provide you complete instructions regarding this issue. This is just a temporary workaround until the Active Virus Control module is updated to fix this issue.

1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

2. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

[how to disable Bitdefender product updates]:

1. Locate the file:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012\update_components.xml

2. Open the file with Notepad and modify the following line:

<Product enabled="1" name="00010004000500010001000600050001" type="0" id="-1">

Basically you will modify the "1" into "0" (only the first "1" from the line).

3. Save the file (overwrite the original XML file);

4. Restart the PC in normal mode.

As soon as we release the update, you will have to undo all these steps in order for the software to receive again product updates.

The update will be announced here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Now, you can set the updates to Silent and you won't receive a pop-up to update Bitdefender each hour.

Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to Silent update.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists. Looking forward to your answer.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

• Too much trouble for that

Ill just put everything on auto and whenever i need to play i will switch off Antivirus Control and On-Access scanning from Antivirus Settings tab , and switch them back on when i have finished playing.

A few thoughts in a rhetorical rant :

First of all - for me, following the steps was easy because I am an computer enthusiast but having the general public do that will result in loss (as a client) of the "next guy" who doesn't know a thing about computers ( and that's a huge market segment ) and just needs a reliable product that's as easy and straight forward as Click-Next-Enter-Done.

Second -

Why do i have to compromise to get the desired effect ?

Why should i miss out on content that was improved during a update ( that's what updates are suppose to do, right? improve a software package ) or set as "false" the enabling of a component ?

I`ve always held bitdefenders side in any and all discutions related to protection software and recommended it to each and every single person that asked me about it so please don't ruin the good name that you've fought so hard to create for your company.

I apologize if I offended anybody but I had to speak my mind.

Kindest regards.

Mr.M

• But if it doesn't perform an update after checking the box next to "Prompt before downloading", should I skip that step or what?

Check again if the " prompt before download " box is ticked and if it is ... give it a bit of time, mine didn't ask for update till a good few hours later.

Best of luck !

This discussion has been closed.