Eve Online - Terrible Performance With Bd 2012

Hi

I play the multi-player game eveonline.

The performance using Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 is terrible. I can actually see the ingame animations stutter as bitdefender scans them. This happens about once a second while playing.

I know it is bitdefender causing the problem because as a test I excluded the eveonline folder and exe file from the scan and the performance improved significantly. (but still it was not as good as my earlier AV's Avast and Norton which were running at full protection).

I am running bitdefender at default settings but have enabled the intrusion prevention system and active anti virus control.

I also turned off auto scan and it did not make a difference.

Please fix this. I think Bitdefender is a good comprehensive solution but if performance is not fixed then i will have to look elsewhere.

To be honest it really feels like 2012 was a rushed release. In future it would be better to keep it in beta longer to allow all the major problems to be fixed.

(aside from performance there are other problems such as the anti phishing toolbar not working half the time and DNS port scanning false alarms etc etc)

Regards

Comments