Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

B Defender Anti Virus 2012 Not Responding

Options

Hi to all,

I was busy on the computer when a prompt box came up saying the computer had to close down for some reason, at the same time bit defender was updating, so the computer closed down and then rebooted everything was okay except my defender which stated that bit defender services is not responding, I have since put a ticket into support about three days ago but had no response as yet. Anyone out there could help with getting my defeder up and running, thanks.

Regards,

tommy23

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. :)

I would suggest doing a Repair of BDAV, first. You'll find Repair or Remove in the BD folder on the Windows Start menu. Just follow the on-screen instructions to do the repair. This will put all the settings back to factory default, so be sure to make note of any that you have changed.

Also, give us some basic information about your PC:

Which Windows OS & Service Pack?

What type/speed CPU? 32-bit or 64-bit?

How much RAM is installed?

Please include the ticket number you were given when you contacted support.

Awaiting your reply,

• JayNutbrown
    edited November 2011
    Options

I also have similar issues. Every now and again, the BitDefender icon in the taskbar will be black and say "Bitdefender Services are not responding. Please restart the computer and if the problem persists contact Bitdefender support". It doesn't mention the nature of the problem or what caused it. I am running windows xp, SP 3.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello guys :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi JayNuts :)

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID:

I will send you further instructions via email in about 20 minutes.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Welcome back Jason

I have received you PM.

Since we are talking here now about another system, I have created this ticket ID in the system:

Check your inbox in about 20 minutes. Thank you.