Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus Detecting But Not Cleaning

Options

Hi

I have a typical problem. I attached an external HDD which I suspected to have root-kit style infected file in the form of some sort of executable (exe). When I attach the HDD the antivirus file quickly detects it and an event is generated which notifies me that the file was deleted. But then when i browse to the location the file is still present. I don't undersand why it is generating a false alarm.

AV : Bitdefender Total Security 2012 (64 bit)

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

What is the name of the file and its location? Please post a screenshot of the notification you receive from BitDefender.

• Hello,

What is the name of the file and its location? Please post a screenshot of the notification you receive from BitDefender.

Currently i cleaned the HDD with BD 2011 so I can't send a snapshot of user directories but still the problem remains in Recycler directory. Check the snaps...

It says the infected file found and action taken was Deleted

post-60603-1316136252_thumb.png

And the file is still present when viewed by command prompt.

post-60603-1316136298_thumb.png

• Rampant
    Options

Scan your system with this utility http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12389 if nothing is found, then reboot and scan the system using the Live CD from Bitdefender.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Antivirus module and select the Shield tab.

In the On access scanning area, please click on Modify. A new window will be opened. Please select Move files to quarantine in the bottom under Actions.

Close the windows and reboot your machine.

Also, please note that you can report to us any False Positives or False Negatives.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day.