Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"vsserv.exe" Process Hangs Cpu__help!

Options

Previous few days the process name "vsserv.exe" is hangs my CPU. When i search about this process in services then i see that this process shows the name is "Bitdefender Virus Shield".

Also my laptop's total performance is slow. When i terminate this process using "Comodo Kill-switch" then Bitdefender 2012 isn't working properly & "Auto-pilot" mode is disabled.

So this also a big problem og Bitdefender Antivurs Plus 2012. Please solve this.............

Comments

• What Windows OS & architecture? Which BD product? What type/speed CPU? How much RAM? Not familiar with "Comodo Kill-switch" what is it & does it have real time protection? Do you have any other security program(s) installed? Did you uninstall any other security programs prior to installing BD and if so, what uninstall method did you use?

We need the basic hardware/software configuration of your PC. Please see the posting rules (link in my sig).

Regards,

• This is happening to me too

• This is happening to me too

Please provide the same information requested in my post directly above yours. We can't help without basic information about your PC & software.

Regards,

• keenrw
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Please provide the same information requested in my post directly above yours. We can't help without basic information about your PC & software.

Regards,

Hi

Same thing .. had been using Bitdefender for a while till my subscription ended but could not run the new version is at the time i was on WinXP sp2 .. so gave another product a go and then upgraded to SP3 so im trying out BT2012,.. today i was running flight sim 2004 and noticed my frame rates were bad so checked what was causing this and turns out it was "vsserv.exe" that was hogging CPU time , i had turned off BT2012 so it loads again at start up.. ran it in game mode and still the same ... one thing i liked about the other program i used was that you could turn off the AV fully so no parts were running at all but with BT even if i turn off all scanning and updates etc this file still runs and uses CPU time .

my PC specs

AMD4000 CPU single core

2 GIG DDR mem

Nvidia GF 7600 GT graphics card

sound blaster sound card

Windows XP SP3 .

Thanks

Rich

• Almost same issue..

when I try to do full scan..eror message appears " vsserv.exe unavailable......." photo attached

I have windows 7 64 bit...Bit Defender Internet Security 2012...Acronis TIH 2012

Office 2010

4GB Ram

750 GB HD

james machado

• Hi Nikki,

Same thing with me for almost 3 days NOW...

Studio XPS 9000

-i7 930 2.80 Ghz

-6 GB RAM

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (1792 MB Dedicated Memory)

-Windows 7 64-bit

-1 TB HD

I just purchased this Bitdefender Total Security 2012 Last Sept. 2012

Fix this problem ASAP.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

This discussion will continue in this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30097

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.