[resolved] Warning - Mac Version Cannot Be Uninstalled

A warning to all (potential) Mac Users evaluating bitdefender Antivirus for Mac:

bitdefender Antivirus for Mac cannot be uninstalled

The provided uninstaller script does not work AND bitdefender staff is not providing any instructions for manual uninstall. They seem to be in stealth mode . This problem is known since the beginning of August 2011.

See http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry125561 for (a bit) more information.

Comments

• We've tested what you reported and the uninstall script works properly but with one note: it must be run twice and reboot the system after each run.

• edited November 2011

Lucky enough the german support staff found this bug reproducible and sent me a link to a working bitdefender uninstaller.

German support also told my to run it twice and reboot in between. But I did not find this documented in the german or english user guide nor on your website.

Thanks for your help. But I am with Kaspersky now.

• Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you have a ticket ID created in the system?

I want to know about that solution discovered by the german team.

Have a nice day.

• Unfortunately I'm facing the same problem. I can't remove 'Bitdefender for Mac' from my iMac. Downloaded the latest version from the website (January 4th, 2012 18:40), tried to UNinstall the software but it installs immediately. Reboot between the two sessions as advised but nothing works!

• Bitdefender for Mac 2.10 (2.10.3864)
    • OS X (10.8.1)

Is there another fix which I didn't find on your website?

Thanks,

ALE

• Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

In about 5 minutes I will send you a PM with further instructions.

Have a great day!

• Hi

Im having the same problem as "Ale" and using the same software versions. Any chance I could also receive further instructions please??

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

Have a great day!

I am also having the same problem, please send me further instructions. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

Have a great day!

Hi

I'm facing the same issue. Uninstaller included in the .dmg is not working.

OSX version : 10.8.2

BitDefender version : 2.30.5075

Could you let me know the fixed procedure to uninstall BitDefender for mac ?

Thanks.

Regards

• I have seems problems (

• Hello everyone :)

Please check you PM, I have send you further instructions.

For other requests, please open a new topic.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.