Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Using Full Cpu In Game Mode

Options
aeval
edited November 2011 in Antivirus
G'day davey

It's pretty annoying hey? Glad to see I'm not the only one that seems to be having issues with vsserv.exe and "game mode". See above on my previous post on how I got around the problem. It's not the ideal solution I know but the 2008 edition does everything I need it to do and the game mode works how it should. I never tried the 2009 edition (I jumped straight from 2008 to 2010) but the game mode might work properly on that too, which could be another option for you untill the latest version hopefully gets patched. I had no probs using my product key for Bitdefender Total Security 2010 when rolling back to and reactivating the 2008 version. Hope something works out for you!

Cheers

P.S. If anyone out there reading this can let me know if Bitdefender Total Security 2008 offers any less (and in what way?) anti-virus protection to this latest 2010 incarnation then that would be great? The 2008 edition updates to the latest virus engine and signatures so to my reckoning it would protect my system in much the same way as the 2010 version, despite lacking some of the newer features. Many thanks!

Yeh sad to say, this issue still exists while game mode is turned on for me. Also I have disabled the antivirus real-time protection and it still runs. This issue has nothing to do with games in general. This issue persists even while nothing is running and Windows is idle. I have verified this using Windows Performance Monitor and task manager. I am currently using Bitdefender Antivirus 2012.

Comments

• Since you are now using BD 2012, I have moved your post from this topic in the 2010 forum to the antivirus 2012 sub-forum where it will receive the proper attention.

Regards,

• rootkit
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.