Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stop External Hard Drive

Options

Hi,

Since installing Bit Defender Antivirus Plus 2012, I can't seem to stop my external hard drive using the 'Safely Remove Hardware' option in Windows XP. I think the program must be accessing it somehow, and I've tried services.msc to manually stop the program so I can then stop my hard drive and remove it although there doesn't seem to be a stop option for Bit Defender.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please make the following settings in the product and reboot your machine. Let me know if everything is OK after.

Thank you.

post-9374-1321365605_thumb.png

• Maaz
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please make the following settings in the product and reboot your machine. Let me know if everything is OK after.

Thank you.

post-9374-1321365605_thumb.png

I* have same problem.

When I use Handle command to see what process is occupying my external hdd it's vsserv.exe.

So it's definitely Bitdefender stopping me from safely ejecting my external hdd.

Even with settings in exclusion set to off, this still happens and I am unable to stop my hdd and eject it...

Very frustrating....

Heyho..just another bug to ad to the massive list...

This product just has early beta written all over it.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Are you sure that you have closed all the programs(even Windows Explorer)?

Could you please give more details about the external HDD?(manufacturer, model).

Also is important to know if is formatted in FAT32 or NTFS.

Thank you.

• Hi Cristi B.

Your tip helped me. I am using a seagate usb drive. Not sure if it is FAT32 or NTFS but anyhow I tried the add/remove hardware after changing those setting and it worked.

Thanks a lot.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi JayNuts

Thank you for your feedback.

If you have other questions, I am here for you.

Take care.

• As a BD newbie I am not encouraged by this response.

1- its been over a year with no new info

2- I want & need BD to scan my flash drive, just in case something nasty snuck in

3- I want & need to remove the flash drive when done

These are not extraordinary needs.

It should just work.