Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 Browser Issues

Options

I just bought the Bitdefender Antivirus 2012, and the installation was successful. I first installed the trial and then purchased the key online. Well, after an hour from installation, my browsers (Firefox and Chrome) stopped loading pages. Apart from this forum page and google.com, nothing else would load. I checked on another computer for internet access which did not have bitdefender installed and everything was working properly. I know bitdefender is the best AV program out there, and I am sure this issue can be resolved. Any ideas why I am getting these browser issues, coz all my other programs such as skype, download managers are working.

Comments

• Never mind. I called them and they resolved my issues. Seems like the problem with the browser persists if you monitor the toolbars in the privacy settings. Turning all three features off works. Hope this helps people facing similar problems.. And thanks again to Bitdefender. Excellent support..

• rootkit
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved.

If you need more information regarding BitDefender products please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

• Hi and welcome to our forums

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved.

If you need more information regarding BitDefender products please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Hi Christi B,

since a couple of days i'm having the same problems on three different laptops. I tried the solution described above but it doens't help. All three laptops keep having problems loading internet pages. This seems to be some sort of bug if you aks me. What else can I do?

Kind regards

Bas

• Bandit1
    edited November 2011
    Options

[/color]

Hi Christi B,

since a couple of days i'm having the same problems on three different laptops. I tried the solution described above but it doens't help. All three laptops keep having problems loading internet pages. This seems to be some sort of bug if you aks me. What else can I do?

Kind regards

Bas

I agree. MANY of us are experiencing the same problems, especially after the recent 'version update'. There are SEVERAL

threads indicating problems with the BD software and SEVERAL customers have uninstalled BD curing the problem(s) and receiving refunds. When can we expect a solution to the systemic problems caused by the BD software and/or the recent 'version update'?!!!!!!!!
  • Google Search and Facebook would not load or would take over an hour to load. This is typical both for Internet Explorer and for Chrome. By turning off AutoScan problem seems to be solved.

Any thoughts from the BitDefender team?

• i've noticed the same, if you turn off the active virus control everything immediately runs smooth again. When you turn it on it goes bad again. Unstalling and re-installing the AV as the Dutch support offered has no result.....

I hope Bitdefender can fix this because going on the internet isn't possible this way...for 2 weeks now

• i've noticed the same, if you turn off the active virus control everything immediately runs smooth again. When you turn it on it goes bad again. Unstalling and re-installing the AV as the Dutch support offered has no result.....

I hope Bitdefender can fix this because going on the internet isn't possible this way...for 2 weeks now

Found this in an earlier post by Vinit

' Seems like the problem with the browser persists if you monitor the toolbars in the privacy settings. Turning all three features off works.'

This worked for me.

• Found this in an earlier post by Vinit

' Seems like the problem with the browser persists if you monitor the toolbars in the privacy settings. Turning all three features off works.'

This worked for me.

Unfortunately it does not work for me. I removed Bitdefender from my laptops and they are running smooth again. I'm now talking with Bitdefender the Netherlands to get a refund or some other solution.

• Unfortunately it does not work for me. I removed Bit defender from my laptops and they are running smooth again. I'm now talking with Bit defender the Netherlands to get a refund or some other solution.

Please make sure turn on the compatibility mode on in your browser,delete all cookies and update it to the latest version

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

The current discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=130724

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.