Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Internet With Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012

Options

Today my norton antivirus expired so I decided to try bitdefender as it got great reviews. Unfortunately I can't say I'm too pleased... my internet is running incredibly slow and after reading so many complaints here it seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

When we buy something we hope it works perfectly... not in this case. If I had bought the bitdefender in a shop, I'd return the antivirus and demand for a refund but because I bought it through your site I wonder if I'm gonna have to keep this useless program.

Sergio Coelho

(Lisbon/ Portugal)

Comments

• dothackjhe
    edited November 2011
    Options

I think disabling both the BitDefender toolbar and firewall before browsing the internet should fix it. That's the only fix for it at the moment I think.

• realkaka2204
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Today my norton antivirus expired so I decided to try bitdefender as it got great reviews. Unfortunately I can't say I'm too pleased... my internet is running incredibly slow and after reading so many complaints here it seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

When we buy something we hope it works perfectly... not in this case. If I had bought the bitdefender in a shop, I'd return the antivirus and demand for a refund but because I bought it through your site I wonder if I'm gonna have to keep this useless program.

Sergio Coelho

(Lisbon/ Portugal)

If you installed IDM, you can solve (temporary):Start IDM->from the menu bar -> choose Options -> from General tab uncheck the Use advanced browser integration option -> click OK. Or you disable Bitdefender Toolbar.

You can see this topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry127494

• I disabled both the BitDefender toolbar and firewall but the internet is still running slow :(

For my work I need to use the internet and since yesterday I can´t access web info fast enough with bitdefender.

The only solution is to get rid of bitdefender, go back to Norton and accept I was robbed.

• I have the same problem. Every excuse and/or temp fix has been offered by Bitdefender other than fixing the problem which is the Bitdefender software itself. Considering the price of the software, the excuses and blame casting is getting a little old. When do we get the solution(s)?

• AGAIN, BitDefender--when can we expect a permanent solution(s) to the systemic problems, especially with the 'version update' currently being experienced by a LARGE number of customers?!!!!!!!!
  • rootkit
    Options

Hi Sergio :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.