Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Changes

Options

Hello,

I have noticed that sometimes my settings in my antivirus change on me and Paranoid mode never stays on for me =/. Does this means that my laptop is infected? Also I tried the password protection setting but that does absolutley nothing, all I have to do is hit cancel when the pop up comes up to enter my password and the settings change anyway... :(

Also I have noticed in my events Bidfender detections alot of cookies as viruses. What show I do with these when the are detected? Should I delete them restore them or just leave them alone? I have been deleting them for fear that they will harm my computer but I looking for advice!

Thank you!

Comments

• Paranoid mode is quite extreme. I suggest taking the time to run a full scan You can do other things on the computer while running especially if You have multiple processors. I would dump the cookies You just need to resign in on certain sites just in case, they are tracking cookies. after You are sure no virus then You won't need to run paranoid unless there are real threats You can google for internet security and have delivered there are numerous. The Microsoft vulnerability True Type Font is quite serious, it invites stuxnet type virus duqu in the parsing engine. You can find auto fixes or command prompt fixes but be careful they are confusing if one is turning on or off there is a test page to make sure true type font is off. I think it is in My main person I'm now in second to be careful. I'll need to go to main then contact You later for test page. here is security page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2639658

Personally I run Microsoft Security essentials with Bitdefender Total Security too I have Microsoft Defender disabled but I have it installed I just need to turn it on if I feel it necessary. You might want to check if Bitdefender has the duqu covered I've been offline for some time.

Merry Christmas

CatBurglerV8

• Here is an article from computerworld.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19256/a_sim...ound_is_working

Here is the test page I mentioned.

People answer Me in forums I appreciate it.

Merry Christmas

• Thank you for the reply

I have ran a full scan two days ago with Bitdefender and also with Malwarebyte (free version). Both were clean. Does this mean I am clean? I am asking this because about 5 days ago my aol email got hacked,(I just got the issue resolved yesterday=]), an I was on the phone with someone from a website, i can't remember their name it was geek-something, and he took control over my computer. When he did this he looked at my Bitdefender's firewall for about 5 seconds then he went into my prefetch folder and he told me this over the phone..."Your Bitdefender Anti-virues isn't protecting you. I can solve the promblems and make it so that you are protect for ..." and then he said like $60 for a one time fix and $99 for a full year of their service.

I am a college student and there is no way I could afford that! So after that I fixed my email myself and download Malwarebytes. And even before running both those scans I also started my laptop in safe mode and ran MSRT and that was clean to.

What I am asking is, How do I know if my Bitdefender is working or not? It seems fine to me. There are no signs of it not working. Do you think the guy I was on the phone with was jsut trying to get my money?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer this! =]

P.S Is it even possible to get a virus in the prefetch folder?

• I downloaded Bitdefender Rootkit.Duqu removal tool but it won't work! I keep getting the message "Could not load trufo.sys"

Any idea what this means or could you suggest another tool to scan for this Rootkit?

Thank you

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Murph47

Fist off all, please ignore all those posts from this topic.

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.