Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full System Scan Crashes Anti-virus Service

Options

Just curious whether anyone else is having an issue performing a full system scan.

It used to work, but since one of the more recent updates, it now fails consistently on the same file (though I've had a hard time figuring out where it's actually located).

I'll see if I can locate a log with the error, so I can post it.

System Specs:

Win 7 x64

Pentium i7

6Gb Ram

Soundblaster X-Fi

1Tb HD.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

Chris, I attempted to PM you, and attach both a screen shot of the exact error I see, as well as a mediafire link to the zip file generated by the support tool. Please let me know if you receive them.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID:

I will send you further instructions via email in about 10 minutes.

Thank you.

• Hi

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID:

I will send you further instructions via email in about 10 minutes.

Thank you.

Chris,

Unfortunately, after uninstalling MalwareBytes and repairing BitDefender, I'm still unable to

complete the full scan. Scan runs for about 3-4 hours, then crashes (service terminates)

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back :)

Please open Bitdefender and under Antivirus select Scan now.

Run a Quick Scan and let me know if your receive an error message.

After this, please run 2-3 Full System Scans with a system restart between

them.

Please let us know which one completes successfully and which one gives an error message. Moreover, let us know if the scanning process crashes each time at the same file/folder/registry key. If it does, please provide us with the file/folder/registry path displayed in the Antivirus Scanner window.

We are looking forward to having your reply. Take care.