Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autoscan Settings

Options

Re: [Ticket ID:201203021025612]

This is the ticket # that I currently have going and I wanted to add something to it. I noticed that if I run VLC player2.0 the autoscan disables and when I stop it, it re-enables. Now I'm not a tech but I do know that the autoscan feature shouldn't disable over running a Media Player. Is this "autoscan disabling and re-enabling fixable?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

In the .33 build a new feature was introduced, when you start a player or a presentation in Full Screen Mode, the Auto Scan will be automatically turned off so that our product will be lighter with system resources.

You can change this by modifying a file in Safe Mode.

So, please restart your machine in Safe Mode.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE"

Open this file in Notepad:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\gamemode.xml

Edit the file in this section:

<AutomaticGameMode enabled="1">

<UseDBOKF>1</UseDBOKF>

<FullScreenAction>0</FullScreenAction>

<AskWhenAdding>0</AskWhenAdding>

</AutomaticGameMode>

Reboot your machine in Normal mode and tell me if you still receive those Events.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Welcome back.

In the .33 build a new feature was introduced, when you start a player or a presentation in Full Screen Mode, the Auto Scan will be automatically turned off so that our product will be lighter with system resources.

You can change this by modifying a file in Safe Mode.

So, please restart your machine in Safe Mode.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE"

Open this file in Notepad:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\gamemode.xml

Edit the file in this section:

<AutomaticGameMode enabled="1">
    <UseDBOKF>1</UseDBOKF>
    <FullScreenAction>0</FullScreenAction>
    <AskWhenAdding>0</AskWhenAdding>
    </AutomaticGameMode>

Reboot your machine in Normal mode and tell me if you still receive those Events.

Take care.

Thanks Christian. That appears to be a success. Little code change and everything is cool? Thank you. I'm taking it this will have no negative effects on the Autoscan, right. Like it won't get overwhelmed when I'm running a video? Thanks again

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The Auto Scan will only scan when there are system resources available. So it won't have a big impact on the system.

Let me know if you have other questions.

• archer
    Options

I have the same problem with AUTOSCAN. I have a screen saver starting after 2min and my pc is going to idle mode. After idle mode when I'm opening Bitdefender I have EVENTS "AUTO SCAN SETTINGS CHANGED". Dont know what to do with this issue?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

Please make the following settings in the product and it should be OK after the restart:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=137285

Take care.

• archer
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

Please make the following settings in the product and it should be OK after the restart:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=137285

Take care.

Everything was done but problem was not solved. Here is a screenshot.

post-38954-1332027347_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• Christian: I too am plagued by the constant turning on and off of auto scan. I have read where others have discovered that merely the starting of the screen saver will trigger this on/off, and that turning automatic game mode off does not solve the problem.

It is only common sense that the best time to run auto scan is when the screen saver is on, which means that the system is idle.

I have read several threads and your fix by editing in safe mode the file: \Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\gamemode.xml.

It is still not clear to me what operates after you edit the file.

Here is my first question: After you edit the gamemode.xml file, per your instructions, which of the following two statements is true?

1. Auto scan will still behave as before, going on and off with the screen saver, however *the events will no longer be displayed* in the events window, thereby sparing the user these pesky notices.

2. With automatic game mode OFF: Auto scan will remain enabled at all times and will only be disabled when the user manually turns game mode ON, or manually turns OFF Auto scan. Auto pilot will remain always ON unless turned off by the user. BD will only enter game mode if the user manually turns game mode ON.

Here is my second question: After you edit the gamemode.xml file, per your instructions, what happens after you turn automatic game mode ON?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back.

After you modify that XML file, the product will not react to fullscreen applications and won't put Auto Scan to off.

It has nothing to do the Events and Auto Pilot.

Let me know if you have other questions related to this.

Have a great day!

• Good day Chris,

this is not logic.

such alteration of the programme to make it work as it should be is not acceptable.

you and your team efforts are appreciated, but the developers should release a service pack to correct all these issues.

everytime the screen save triggers in, the auto scan settings are changed. Why?

this is the first time I experience with Bitdefender or any other antivirus programme.

for this, the update doesn't work properly and the confidence with the automatic protection becomes questionable.

even when the programme gives a message that the auto scan settings are changed, and the autopilot becomes off, the top left bar shows that there are no issues to deal with.

this is a serious matter that needs to be attended ASAP.

Regards,

User

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.