Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why?

Options

Hi

I recently installed Antivirus 2012 Plus. After waiting half a day to make sure it had fully updated itself I chose 'Full System Scan' from the antivirus module. This completed with finding a couple of tracking cookies.

On a whim, immediately after the full scan finished, I right-clicked on a folder and chose 'Scan with Bitdefender'. It found a virus in an archive!?

My question is this.......Why didn't the full scan find this same virus? Are there different options applied to these two scans?

It just doesn't make any sense............

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums.

The two On Demand Scan profiles have different level of archive scanning. That's why in some cases, some archived files or overcompressed items are only detected after unpacking.

A malware packed in an archive is not an imminent danger. It can not self execute. Also, a malware sample kept on the HDD, if it is not loaded in the memory, it can not damage your data.

But no worries, if you would had unpacked that item, the On Access protection would have taken care of it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Have a great weekend!