Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Mode boot_s But No Ability To Scan

Options

Hello All,

Had a little issue with my system today which I thought was a virus from a co-worker's thumb drive (since everything went to heck on me right after I pulled a file off of it). Having spent some time with it, i believe it's an application causing my system to hang. If I disable all Start-up items the system runs perfectly fine.

This query does actually involve BitDefender2012 though. Part of my troubleshooting process was to boot into Safe mode and run Spyware & Virus scans. Spysweeper runs fine in Safe Mode, but BitDefender can't because the VSSERV.EXE service is not loaded. No problem! I thought, I have Rescue Mode!

I started Rescue Mode via hitting the spacebar during pre-windows bootup and the program launched. The Terminal window showed what looked like a virus definitions update, then completed. However, the program attempted to update again through the internet and failed immediately.

I then tried to run a scan without updating, but was prompted with a file structure window and no other instructions. No option to "scan" existed.

I think the system was prompting me to navigate to an update file and update manually, or possibly load the virus scanner engine, I'm not sure.

I'm thinking the update problem may be because I'm wireless at the moment. I will have access to an ethernet cable at home later today.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what else I could try?

Thanks,

Tom

Comments