Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] What Is Ndhui.js?

Options

I'm having to resort to making a forum posting because Bitdefender hangs when trying to execute the built-in help and support... no surprise there. Then when I try to send an email, it asked for the serial number which seems to be discretely hidden somewhere that I can't find. Yup the instructions on the web stie show an old version of the GUI which of course is different in 2012, so that didn't help. Bitdefender sure does not make it easy to contact anyone so it has me thinking I won't renew in 3 weeks.

Anyway, back to my reason for posting.... Every time I open MSIE 9 in Windows 7 X64, I receive a warning from bitdefender in the system tray that it has "detected a virus on your computer". I really doubt it since this is my area of expertise. The details of the "Infected file detected" are are reported as...

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.UE5\VCLHV59F\ndhui(1).js

Thus, it is a Javascript file in the temporary internet cache.

My questions are that if it really is a virus, then why did BD allow it to get on the comptuer in the first place.... and secondly, why does it say that the action taken is "Clean routi8ne has failed"? So why did it fail to clean?

Interesting that FireFox and Chrome don't seem to cause such a notification. This seems like some sort of false red herring to me, especially since I don't find anything about this on the internet. In fact I don't even see the file or folder even though I have hidden files being shown.

GH

Comments

• I'm using IE8 and am experienceing the same problem. I first noticed it hours ago...

• RGHamilton
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hmmm, that is interesting. I first noticed this a few hours ago also. I sure would like to know how to correct this annoying popup. Until then, I guess I will just use FireFox.

• I'm getting the same thing.

• Mirya
    Options

Same here...... :wacko:

• i am getting this with pretty much every new web page opened...very frustrating

• saxman
    Options

I am also getting the same problem. however i have managed to send a report log to bitdefender, they say they will reply within 48 hours , when they do i will let you all know what they say.

• Yes, same here ... I believe ndhui.js is part of BitDefender.

• I am having the same issue... not sure if i should be glad or concerned that a bunch of other people do.

• WINNAH
    Options

Same here, I've been getting the same thing - C:\Users \Owner \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows \Temporary Internet Files \Low\Content .IE5\"S7KO42LM"\ndhui[1].js - The part that I have in quotation marks changes with each new file and now I have literally hundreds of these files blocked by BD after opening web pages. It's becoming such a headache :(

• Same here, I've been getting the same thing - C:\Users \Owner \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows \Temporary Internet Files \Low\Content .IE5\"S7KO42LM"\ndhui[1].js - The part that I have in quotation marks changes with each new file and now I have literally hundreds of these files blocked by BD after opening web pages. It's becoming such a headache :(

The part in quotes is simply a unique browser assigned string. These files will just continue to clutter the temporary files folder until it is fixed. Afterwards, delete all your temp internet browsing files. Hopefully BD will fix this thing. I am wondering if anyone tests the updates before pushing them out.

• tokara
    Options

Same problem here, I'm glad it must just be some bug from the last update.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Welcome (back) to the forums.

The detection is a false positive and it will be removed very soon.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

• edenlincoln
    Options

Hello BD, I started getting the same issue. After a couple days, whenever I open IE, BD starts poping up the virus info, under the C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Micrsofot\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\7D4HU9K8\ndhui[x].js

It makes me believe there is something related to the last BD Update.

I really don't believe it is related to virus.

Any news about the problem?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hello :)

The fix is scheduled for the next signature update.

There was an issue with a signature, but is was solved by my colleagues from the antimalware labs.

In maximum 2 hours the file should no longer be detected by our products.

One more time, we are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Take care.

• Hello :)

The fix is scheduled for the next signature update.

There was an issue with a signature, but is was solved by my colleagues from the antimalware labs.

In maximum 2 hours the file should no longer be detected by our products.

One more time, we are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Take care.

Any confirmation if this issue had been fixed?

As of 12:35AM EST; April 10, 2012.. I am still getting these "Infected File Detected" alerts.

• Any confirmation if this issue had been fixed?

As of 12:35AM EST; April 10, 2012.. I am still getting these "Infected File Detected" alerts.

Hi all.

I am really imprrssed on how customer/tech suportworks with customers.

Thank you bitdefendet....you set an example for other companiess to follow.

again, I have 24 days of my trial an I will be buying this knowing

it is backed by excellent service.

Joe

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Joe :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me know if you have other questions.

p.s.: We have a special offer for customers that buy a license in this period, check it out here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=229&id=49

Take care.

• Hi all.

I am really imprrssed on how customer/tech suportworks with customers.

Thank you bitdefendet....you set an example for other companiess to follow.

again, I have 24 days of my trial an I will be buying this knowing

it is backed by excellent service.

Joe

I agree too, less than 24 hours BitDefender was able to respond and fix the Issue. This is one of my many reasons i pay for an Anti Virus. BitDefender makes a quality product backed by good support. Thanks for the quick response!

Michael

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Michael :)

Thank you for the kind words.

We are glad that the issue has been solved relatively easily and for further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.