Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web Browsing False Positive Events

Options

Hi, I have been a user of Bit Defender since 2009 and have little issue with your products. I am currently running the updated verison(auto Updates) of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012. Recently tonight of April 9 i noticed that Bit Defender is giving Infected File Detected Events/flags when surfing the web on well know sites as example Wikipedia, CNN, digitalblasphemy.com, and even the Bit Defender Sites. This dosent happen on all sites like Google or HardForums.com. Thease files that get marked appear to be temp files that you can see here post-103150-1334024681_thumb.jpg. post-103150-1334024693_thumb.jpg I can delete them now if i run a viruse scan in that folder. When I run several full system scans after those get deleted, nothing else gets pick up. I have done two re installs of BitDefender, once with the repair program, and the other from complete uninstall to install the download from your site. Both times they keep doing it and I am curious if there is a problem with Bit Defender itself labeling temp files as virus. Is this a know issue or an isloated event? I had a problem simular to this before with the 2010 version where the antivirus through that almost every application i ran was malware and closed it, even itself update. i ended up fixing it by doing a complate reinstall through Safe Mode. Anways, right now i can put Bit Defender on auto pilot and ignore the issue for the time being but i would like this to get this reseolved otherwise i will have to unistall and go with another product...

Comments

This discussion has been closed.